ACCOUNTING MANAGERDepartment: Finance
Location: Richmond Hill
Reports to: Director of Finance
Employment Status: Full time
Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with stores across the country. Established in 1982, Bulk Barn has successfully expanded to over 200 stores offering its customers an amazing assortment of products for an exciting unique shopping experience. The Head Office is located in Richmond Hill, Ontario and will be moving to a new state of the art facility in Aurora in the first quarter of 2014.
This role requires active involvement in the day-to-day functioning of the Finance Department by continuously providing guidance, training, mentoring and support to team members. A more advanced, detailed and in-depth level of analysis to senior management and franchisees is expected. As part of our team, you will join the department in working to continually improve the processes and services provided to the senior management team and to our franchisees. The Accounting Manager enthusiastically supports Bulk Barn Foods Limited’s vision, values, and goals.
- Train, coach and provide assistance to specific members of the Finance Department
- Review of GL account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Management of full cycle Accounts Payable processes and functions
- Act as liaison with DC, Merchandising and Logistics departments as related to Accounts Payable matters
- Assistance with initial preparation and initial review of annual budgets
- Assistance with year-end audit working papers and audit process
- Compilation of annual bank reporting requirements
- Act as a liaison and company representative with franchisees on various financial matters
- Oversee and provide guidance with respect to the analysis of franchisee financial statements, including inventory, gross profit and operating expenses
- Oversee and provide guidance with respect to retail sales, statistical reporting and cashflow analysis for franchisees
- Departmental contact and support for Microsoft Navision issues, queries and reports
- Investigation and recommendation of process improvements for the department
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as required from time to time
- Obtained or in the process of obtaining a professional accounting designation with a minimum of seven (7) years accounting experience including a sound understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail-oriented approach with demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to a team of individuals
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Navision is an asset
- Solid organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion
- Pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please email your resume, including covering letter to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Accounting Manager in the subject line.
No telephone or agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.