ACCOUNTANTDepartment: Corporate Stores
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Stores Division
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Richmond Hill
Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with stores across the country. Established in 1982, Bulk Barn has successfully expanded to over 206 stores offering its customers an amazing assortment of products for an exciting unique shopping experience. The Head Office is located in Richmond Hill, Ontario and will be moving to Aurora in the summer of 2014.Position Summary:
To perform the accounting and payroll functions including related analysis for all corporate stores in a fast paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:ACCOUNTING
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting for senior management, including forecasts
- GL account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Preparation of year-end audit working papers
- Act as the financial point of contact for corporate store managers where necessary
- Daily reconciliation of deposits (cash, debit, credit) to POS data and bank account, including follow up on discrepancies; weekly bank reconciliation
- Weekly reconciliation and processing of retail sales data
- Weekly processing of purchases and expenses
- Accounts payable processing requirements including period end accruals
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as required from time to time
- First point of contact for corporate store managers for payroll inquires and any attendance related questions.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all corporate stores across Canada, including adjustments/entries for new hires, hours and earnings adjustments, terminations, severance, bonuses, garnishments, and required government remittances (CPP, EI, EHT, WSIB etc.)
- Maintain accurate and timely information related to statutory holiday pay
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll analysis
- Process manual / off-cycle pay as required including terminations and T4's
- Process bi-weekly payroll entries to NAV (i.e., journal entries, etc.)
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries, maintain backup / support documentation at all times.
- Provide regular payroll/compensation related management reporting and adhoc reports as requested
- Minimum three years general accounting experience
- Minimum three years of multi-provincial payroll experience
- Experience with Microsoft Navision is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Ceridian's Payflex system is an asset
- Sensitive to dealing with confidential information
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks and effectively manage in a high stress environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion
- Pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please email your resume, including covering letter, to the attention of email@example.com with the subject line Corporate Store Accountant to ensure your email isn't filtered out.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their consideration; however, due to the high volume of applications received, we will only be able to follow up with those applicants chosen for an interview.