Insurance Co-OrdinatorDepartment: Administration
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Administration
Employment Status: Full time
Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with stores across the country. Established in 1982, Bulk Barn has successfully expanded to over 200 stores offering its customers an amazing assortment of products for an exciting unique shopping experience. The Head Office is located in Richmond Hill, Ontario and will be moving to a new state of the art facility in Aurora in the first quarter of 2014.
The Insurance Co-ordinator provides support to the Executive Vice President, Administration and Corporate Counsel with respect to matters related to insurance for Head Office and Bulk Barn Stores (franchised and corporate) including, without limitation, Commercial General Liability Insurance, Property and Automobile coverage, Marine Cargo Insurance, Directors & Officers Insurance, Errors & Omissions Insurance and shareholder personal insurance policies.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involvement with incident reports received at head office (incident intake) and liaising with customers, franchisees and corporate staff (merchandising, real estate, distribution centre, etc.) as required to investigate the incident.
- Liaising with management concerning possible settlement of small claims that will not go to insurance. Assists with preparation of letters to customers and co-ordination of obtaining release in exchange for settlement payment.
- Reviews quarterly loss report received from insurance broker and compares to internal logs to ensure that claims are properly reflected. Follows up on status of all open claims.
- Handles all communications and co-ordination with insurance broker and insurance company.
- Assists with completion of insurance renewal applications and assembles information necessary to obtain competitive insurance quotes.
- Responsible for all aspects of Directors and Officers insurance and Errors and Omissions insurance, including annual renewal.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Commercial General Liability and Property Insurance program including, without limitation, preparing timetable for renewal; assessing adequacy of existing coverage and canvassing management concerning the need for further coverage; review of insurance summaries and certificates prepared by the insurance broker; review of premium analysis; preparing renewal correspondence to send to franchisees; collection of premiums; and preparation of correspondence to be sent to landlords regarding annual insurance certificates.
- Responsible for all aspects of Marine Cargo insurance. Maintains Marine Cargo Container Shipment Log and distributes same to insurance broker as log is updated, co-ordinating with the Merchandising and Logistics departments as needed. Responsible for arranging quarterly payment of invoices for Marine Cargo Insurance. Responsible for annual renewal of Marine Cargo policy.
- Five years related experience in an insurance-related role (including risk management responsibilities).
- Post-secondary education highly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid command of the English language (written and verbal).
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate insurance.
- Ability to understand/interpret insurance policy documents.
- Strong organizational skills.
If you meet these requirements, please email your resume, including covering letter that clearly demonstrates your skills match to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org Please use the subject line "Insurance Co-ordinator" in your submission.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest.
Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.