IT Information/Financial AnalystDepartment: Information Technology
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Employment Status: Full time
Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with stores across the country. Established in 1982, Bulk Barn has successfully expanded to over 200 stores offering its customers an amazing assortment of products for an exciting unique shopping experience. The Head Office is located in Richmond Hill, Ontario and will be moving to a new state of the art facility in Aurora in the first quarter of 2014.
This position is responsible for the update, control, integrity and analysis of the information within the Information Technology (IT) department. The IT Information/Financial Analyst will be an intricate contributor to the IT Change Management process to ensure all IT information is kept current and accurate. This role will manage the IT budget reviewing all purchases to budget and assist the director in the annual budget creation process. The role will also ensure the IT department remains compliant with all software licensing requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Strategy & Planning
- Assist the Director, Information Technology in the development of the annual IT Strategy Planning Document
- Assist the Director, Information Technology in the development and execution of the Annual IT Budget
- Establish and maintain business relationships with Value Added Resellers
- Maintains the IT budget ensuring all required IT assets are present and annual updated costs are maintained
- Ensures IT assets financial maintenance renewal charges are processed in a timely manner
- Creates and manages all IT department Purchase Orders to ensure proper information capture and approval processes are adhered to
- Responsible to ensure all corporate IT assets both hardware and software are identified, complete and accurate through all daily moves, adds, and changes of these assets
- Creates and maintains an IT asset configuration management database for use in problem management and change control processes
- As requested produces assets and IT information reports as requested by management
- Recommends IT process improvements to enhance IT information capture and integrity
- Maintains a working understanding of all software license requirements for the software IT deploys to ensure we are in compliance with all of the software vendors we purchase from
- Performs basic financial analysis on IT purchases to ensure correct use of corporate funds
- Performs information research on products and services as requested by IT team
Knowledge and SkillsFormal Education & Certification
- Post secondary school education and/or certifications in business, technical or change management disciplines
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Financial, IT, or Data Analyst role
- Strong attention to detail
- Imaginative and creative reasoning
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products with excellent Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and SQL
- Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint document management and workflow practices
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please email your resume, including covering letter, to the attention of email@example.com
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest.
Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.