Law ClerkDepartment: Administration
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Reports to: Corporate Counsel
Employment Status: Full time
Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with stores across the country. Established in 1982, Bulk Barn has successfully expanded to over 206 stores offering its customers an amazing assortment of products for an exciting unique shopping experience. The Head Office is located in Richmond Hill, Ontario and will be moving to Aurora in the summer of 2014.Position Summary:
Provides support to Corporate Counsel and Executive Vice President Administration with respect to matters relating to franchising, store service contracts, corporate filings/annual returns, Personal Property Security Act ("PPSA") registrations and corporate and security searches.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate and up to date records concerning franchise expiry dates; lease expiry dates; franchise renewal options; franchise expiry deposits; and dates of franchise transfers/resales, renewals and terminations.
- Assists Corporate Counsel in updating all versions of franchise disclosure documents. Word processes changes to master disclosure documents and exercises version control.
- Prepares franchise disclosure documents and execution copies of franchise agreements and related documents.
- Prepares correspondence to franchisees, as required, including correspondence requesting updated financial and other information prior to renewal.
- Prepares lease summaries, for review by Corporate Counsel, to be used as part of the preparation of franchise disclosure documents.
- Assists Corporate Counsel with annual extra provincial filings across Canada and maintains a log of annual renewals.
- Makes PPSA filings in provinces across Canada, as required, and prepares a reporting memorandum to Executive Vice President Administration and Corporate Counsel summarizing registrations made. Sends copies of verification statements for filings made to franchisee debtors. Assists with on-line corporate and security searches in all Provinces as required.
- Assists Corporate Counsel with research and ad hoc project work as required.
- Assists Corporate Counsel with preparation of closing documents for repurchase of franchise assets, as required.
- Prepares Purchase Orders and Cheque requests as required.
- Assists with miscellaneous matters arising within the department.
- Three years experience in a law clerk role with extensive exposure to franchising.
- Law Clerk Diploma from a recognized College.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Competent in PPSA on-line registration/discharge process and other on-line corporate and security searches.
- Solid command of the English language (written and verbal).
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please email your resume, including covering letter to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org Please use 122013LAW as your subject.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.