PARALEGALDepartment: Real Estate Development
Reports to: Senior Director Real Estate Development
Employment Status: Full-time
Number of Positions: 1
We are seeking an experienced, energetic and self-motivated individual specializing in tenant retail lease negotiations, for a permanent full time position with our company.
This position requires a dynamic, knowledgeable and hardworking individual to become an integral part of our Real Estate Team. This individual must be a quick learner, detail oriented, capable of making decisions and working independently, thoroughly and accurately on complex leasing documentation, with an excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.Responsibilities
- Ability to act for a tenant and successfully negotiate and finalize retail shopping centre leases and other legal documents with various landlords and their solicitors
- Accurately prepare a variety of legal documents and correspondence relating to lease negotiations and other on-going leasing matters
- Manage files from the offer-to-lease stage through to the execution of the final lease form
- Act as the liaison between company management and outside landlords and their solicitors
- Organize and expedite the flow of work, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate
- Meet strict deadlines
- Ability to interpret specific provisions in retail leases and identify their ramifications
- A knowledge of Teraview work would be an asset
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a commercial leasing department of a major Canadian law firm or a large corporation specializing in retail shopping centre leasing
- Prior retail lease negotiation experience is essential
- Good business acumen
- Attention to detail
- Strong business credentials
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Able to work "hands-on" to produce a high quality and quantity of work
- A very high level of skill in both written and verbal communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with other staff and professionals as part of the company team
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please email your resume, by February 8, 2013, to the attention of email@example.com.
No telephone calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviews will be contacted.