Supervisor, Order Department (Afternoons)Department: Order Department
Reports to: Manager, Order Department
Employment Status: Full time
Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with stores across the country. Established in 1982, Bulk Barn has successfully expanded to over 200 stores offering its customers an amazing assortment of products for an exciting unique shopping experience. The Head Office is located in Richmond Hill, Ontario and will be moving to a new state of the art facility in Aurora in the first quarter of 2014.
The Supervisor will be responsible for the Order Department's afternoon shift. Key responsibility will be making sure all incoming orders are processed and shipments are delivered in accordance to the standard pick- up and delivery schedules put in place by the Distribution Centre management team. You will be a detail oriented, organized individual with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar capacity. This shift runs Sunday to Thursday, 3:00 - 11:00PM.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and oversee all Order Department functions for the afternoon shift.
- Complete all Order Department functions when someone is on holidays or the workload is heavy due to seasonal times of year.
- Review all orders in Order Well for each store to make sure all necessary documents have been received.
- Monitor all DSD orders to make sure they are included with shipments and invoiced.
- Assign warehouse shipments to assemblers
- Monitor and print backorders when required.
- Post warehouse shipments and invoice all orders.
- Prepare drivers' sheets for delivery runs in terms of skid counts, weight, etc.
- Email all invoices to each store.
- Respond to all emails in a timely manner, whether internal or from Franchisees.
- Perform cycle counts of mailroom supplies every 2 months for inventory purposes.
Knowledge, Competencies, and Skills:
- Grade 12 Diploma.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced setting.
- Good interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork.
- A detail oriented, process based approach in a computerized environment is essential.
- Able to work afternoon shift on a permanent basis.
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please email your resume, including covering letter to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Supervisor, Order Department in the subject line.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest.
Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.