Accountant, Corporate Stores
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Store Accounting
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
To perform the accounting and payroll functions including related analysis for all corporate stores.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting for senior management, including forecasts.
- Adhoc analysis and special projects as required from time to time.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll analysis.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all corporate stores, including adjustments/entries for new hires, hours and earnings adjustments, terminations, severance, bonuses, garnishments, and required government remittances (CPP, EI, EHT, WSIB etc.).
- GL account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Preparation of year-end audit working papers.
- Daily reconciliation of deposits (cash, debit, credit) to POS data and bank account, including follow up on discrepancies; weekly bank reconciliation.
- Weekly reconciliation and processing of retail sales data.
- Weekly processing of purchases and expenses.
- Accounts payable processing requirements including period end accruals.
- Process manual / off-cycle pay as required including terminations and T4's.
- Process bi-weekly payroll entries to NAV (i.e., journal entries, etc.).
- Provide regular payroll/compensation related management reporting and adhoc reports as requested.
- Use financial and payroll knowledge to ensure all payroll and financial reports and/or analyses are completed in compliance with legislative and Company Standard.
- Use systems as required.
- Act as the financial point of contact for corporate store managers where necessary.
- First point of contact for corporate store managers for payroll inquires and any attendance related questions.
- Maintain accurate and timely information related to statutory holiday pay.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries, maintain backup / support documentation at all times.
- Ensures timely follow-up with stores to confirm requires information is received.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in business administration or related field.
- CPA designation an asset.
- Minimum 3 years general accounting experience
- Minimum 3 years of payroll experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Navision is an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word).
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks and effectively manage in a high stress environment.
- Sensitive to dealing with confidential information.
- Pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities.
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line ACS62017) to: email@example.com.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.