Department: Legal & Administration
Reports to: Corporate Counsel
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
Provide administrative support and secretarial functions to EVP Administration, Corporate Counsel and the Administration and Legal Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with co-workers to ensure you have all the required information necessary to complete your daily projects/tasks.
- Advise manager of any concerns or issues in advance of assigned deadlines.
- Provide administrative support to EVP Administration, Corporate Counsel and the rest of the department (filing, typing, copying, expense report submissions, archiving of files etc.)
- Book meetings and appointments and perform calendar management.
- Maintain system of bring forwards of key tasks within the department. Ensure bring forwards are organized, by month, and are followed up and dealt with properly.
- Manage Vacation Planner for the department.
- Maintain a current list of staff hours for department and current list of birthday dates.
- Collect and distribute incoming mail and faxes.
- Assist with various tasks related to the purchase/leasing of Company vehicles. Maintain a vehicle log and current files for each vehicle.
- Arrange for annual renewal of all vehicle license plates for Company owned vehicles and ensure stickers are placed on vehicles.
- Prepare emails to franchised stores concerning retail holidays and administrative matters from time to time.
- Review quarterly franchise calendar distributed by Merchandising to check all retail/statutory holidays, insurance matters and other departmental matters are captured.
- Assist with completion of annual Institute of Chartered Accountants Continuing Professional Development submission.
Supplies and Stationery:
- Ensure paper and supplies are stocked properly in the supply room, two copy rooms and legal processing room (all sizes of paper are available) and order supplies as required, ensuring the necessary approvals are in place in advance of ordering.
- Unpack supplies and check accuracy of orders delivered.
- Ensure supply room, copy room and legal processing room are kept organized and clean and all department printers are filled with paper.
- Order Franchisee stationery (business cards and letterhead) from time to time.
Telephone & store lists:
- Maintain various internal telephone lists and store lists (11 in total).
- Post up-to-date shared lists to the Shared drive.
- Update EVP Admin and Legal, bulletin board and provide them with two copies of List #2 and List #4.
- Place a copy of List #3 in all meeting rooms.
Store Set-up tasks:
- As new stores come on board, create and distribute checklists to appropriate departments.
- Follow-up with departments to ensure required checklists are completed on time.
- Open/unlock department cabinets in the morning and close/lock them in the evenings.
- Create new store correspondence files and green files for store set-up.
- Ensure filing is accurate and up-to-date.
- Create file folders and labels as required.
- Maintain integrity of filing system and Master List of Files.
- Responsible for annual archiving project.
Policy Manual Administration:
- Responsible for all Store Policy Manual updates (create, edit and post updates to the Store Policy Manual on the portal).
- Liaise with French Translators for translation.
- Ensure department's portal postings are always current and up-to-date.
Franchisee Absence Log
- Set up Franchisee Absence Log (create log for data entry and add/delete franchisees from log or update information at the beginning of the year).
Food Handlers' Certificates
- Maintain files on expiry date for Franchisee Food Handlers' Certificates. Follow up to ensure certificates are up-to-date and new certificates are received. Maintain log and full binder in this regard.
Health and Safety Inspection Reports
- Summarize health and safety and inspection reports sent in by stores. Follows up with franchisees/store managers on deficiencies found and notify appropriate staff internally regarding issues. Update log with information from report. File copies of all correspondence in the report binder and store correspondence.
- Assist insurance co-ordinator with administrative tasks related to insurance if required.
Other administrative duties as required from time to time by the department.
- Ensure accuracy of all reports and documents.
- Ensure all documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission for review by Corporate Counsel & EVP, Administration.
- Document and bring forward any document discrepancies for review by Corporate Counsel & EVP, Administration.
- Ensure all presentations, reports and communications are print ready and meet Company standards in advance of implementation.
- Partner with co-workers as required on daily and/or special tasks, to ensure deadlines and timelines are met to the standards set by the Company.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- 3 years' experience in an Administrative Assistant role.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
- Solid command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Proactive with strong attention to detail
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.