Location: Aurora, Ontario
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Manager, HR Programs & Administration
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
To administer the group health insurance plan, pension plan(s), and leave of absence program and provide support to the Human Resources and Payroll Department with office services, file management and departmental reports.
Duties And Responsibilities
Project & Task Management
- Administer, process and reconcile the monthly billing of the corporate benefits plan for franchisees and corporate employees, including MSP Health Insurance of British Columbia.
- Administer the Company's and provincially legislated pension plan(s).
- Administer all leave of absences; including all worker's compensation board claim, leaves covered under the employment standards act and/or any other unpaid leave of absences
- Responsible for all employee leave of absence tracking to ensure correct government reporting and payroll payments.
- Act as a backup to the administration of all issues relating to office furniture, including maintaining the Key Maintenance Log, and coordinating with our furniture provider for occasional repairs.
- Provide back-up support to Administrator/Receptionist, as required.
- Ad hoc reports, as required.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers for benefit, pension and leave of absence inquires.
- Diffuse upset customers and work with the Manager, HR Programs and Administration or Vice President, Human Resources, to resolve.
- Respond to all internal and external customers/clients within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt of their call.
- Draft various communications to Corporate Employees and Franchisees relating to benefit and pension(s).
- Draft various individual correspondences to employees relating to their leave of absence.
- Requires strong communication, verbal and written in English.
- Seek assistance when communication is required in French.
Push for Results
- Follow operating policies and procedures with intent to return employees to work as quickly and safely as possible and ensure maximum accommodation for accessibility.
- Ensure all employee information is accurately keyed, tracked, managed and stored in compliance with legislation and Company Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure all outgoing communications drafted are checked for proper spelling, grammar, and are in compliance with all applicable legislation, and meet Company Operating Standards.
- Assess environment and look for opportunities to improve efficiencies without sacrifice of work effectiveness, product quality and/or customer service standards.
- Report process improvement ideas to next level management.
- Take responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks, ensuring regular updates and completion timelines are effectively communicated to senior management.
- Administer the department's document retention management system to ensure that all processes are in compliance with legislation and internal Company Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Manage confidential issues with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Notify management of any discrepancies and work towards resolving.
- Work in collaboration with co-workers to build effective relationships to support the achievement of position requirements.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary education in HR, Administration, or related discipline.
- 1-3 years of progressive HR and Administration experience and relevant legislation
- 1-3 years' experience in administering a group benefits plan.
- 1-3 years' experience in claims management.
- 1 year experience working independently, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking
- 1 year working experience in a professional environment handling confidential information
- CHRP designation, an asset.
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.