Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
This role is responsible to partner with Project Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and contribute positively to Company efficiency and productivity. The Business Analyst is responsible to gather and analyze business needs and assist in the identification of solutions and provide system support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison between the various business functional areas (including retail store locations) and the Information Technology team and third party vendors to translate business requirements into functional requirements.
- Communicates any technical/architectural complexities to project stakeholders and development team.
- Identifies key opportunities for improved and/or expanded utilization of existing business applications and processes to provide recommendations to senior management which may input to the strategic planning process.
- Develop a Requirements Management Plan and disseminates the plan to all stakeholders.
- Define measurable criteria for ideal, adequate and unacceptable system performance levels based on data gathered from stakeholders.
- Prioritize features and functions of the product or upgrade.
- Monitor vendor and user requested enhancements and/or patches to ensure alignment and appropriate approvals are in place.
- Examine and document existing business models, flow of data, and communicate the findings in order to clarify details to support technical development, including application solutions alternatives.
- Conduct stakeholder follow-up to ensure that needs have been met by the completed project.
- Assess shareholders needs and translate them into clear and concise objectives.
- Evaluates and recommends solutions relevant to projects based on knowledge of the Company and its systems as well as new technology available.
- Perform quality assurance processes to confirm that required business needs are met by the technical solution and process.
- Works with key project stakeholders to formulate and communicate the business plan, to gather initial requirements, understand project concept, objectives and approach, and to scope the assigned project.
- Provide system support including identification of the problem, documenting, working with development teams to resolve issues and implementing into permanent fix.
- Work with the project team in identifying and resolving project problems and current system problems in a timely manner.
- Investigate and work with the technical teams (internal and external) to resolve application and technical issues.
- Review the information provided to ensure a complete understanding of what the internal customer is requesting.
- Conduct a post mortem to ensure internal customer satisfaction and bridge any performance gaps.
- Provide quality customer service by managing relationships and communications to ensure customer expectations are met in a timely manner.
- Deliver to the internal customer a product or service that meets their needs provide the appropriate training and support, as required.
- Develop an understanding of how present and future business needs will impact the solution and conducts cost/benefit and risk analysis to support recommendations.
- Analyze and develop a good understanding of current processes to ensure that the context and implications of change are understood by the customer and the project team.
- Analyze, identify and assess business opportunities and address key business challenges.
- Design, develop and implement performance metrics to support customer measurement, analysis, and reporting and measure the effectiveness of predictive modeling efforts.
- Complete user testing to ensure functionality meets internal customer specifications and documents and resolves program defects.
- Ensure software quality, as directed by Director, Information Technology.
- Assists the Project Manager by managing client expectations through careful and proactive communications regarding requirements and changes.
- Implements improvements through effective teamwork and engagement of others.
- Participate in project close out and lesson learned activities.
- Assist Project Managers with new projects providing input into the project scope, schedule, risks, effort and cost.
- Educate stakeholders about requirements, technology and tools of the new project.
- Ensure that product or service recommendations comply with Company Operating Budget and the needs of the business.
- Ensure the implementation and follow up of projects with business units to assure ongoing support and assimilation into the business.
- Ensure all business requirements meet IT and Company Operating Standards.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or Computer Sciences
- Certificate in technical training and facilitation, an asset
- 3-5 years' experience developing business and internal customer presentations
- 5 - 8 years' experience working with IT/IS teams
- 3-5 years' experience participating and or leading team meetings
- 5 - 8 years' experience with data management
- 3 - 5 years' experience using project quality assurance management tools
- 3-5 years' experience working with tight project deadlines, vendor and internal customer contracts and budget constraints
- 3-5 years' experience using systems life cycle management concepts
- 3-5 years' experience facilitating IT training
- 3-5 years' experience documenting technical requirements
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line BA2016) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.