District Manager, Toronto
Reports to: District Manager
Location: Toronto (Downtown), Ontario base
Oversee an assigned number of Corporate Retail Store Managers and Franchisees (15 - 25 Retail locations) from a specified geographic region to ensure compliance with:
- franchise agreements (as applicable),
- operating policies and procedures, and
- applicable provincial and federal legislation.
Work together with Franchisees and Corporate Store Managers to support them in the achievement of:
- operating efficiencies,
- revenue goals,
- profitability, and
- customer satisfaction.
Responsible for the sourcing, hiring, training and development of all assigned Corporate Store Managers.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for consistently and effectively communicating the company mission, initiatives and objectives to assigned Corporate Store Managers and Franchisee teams through organized and scheduled conference calls, one on one meetings and email communications.
- Communications are to be professional, timely, thorough and proactive whenever possible.
- All communications are to be delivered with consistency throughout the assigned region.
- Ensure that trends of underperformance are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Formally recognize strong performers within the assigned region.
- Manage Corporate Store Managers and Franchisee teams towards acceptable Store Operations/Human Resource audit compliance levels.
- Ensure the overall people plan of the area reflects high standards, bench and succession planning, coupled with consistent mentoring and people development.
- Manage, develop, train and support assigned Jr. District Manager (as applicable).
- Work with Corporate Store Managers and Franchisee teams to resolve issues proactively and/or as they arise and report unresolved issues to the Regional Manager for support
- Work towards long term solutions to problems and share positive results with the Regional Team.
- Establish a process to ensure that stores have accountability to expectations on a consistent and timely basis.
- Know our customer by interacting with the customer on the sales floor and observing shopping behaviors, and associate/customer experience.
- Understand and administer operational and HR policies and procedures and ensure compliance with them, consistently between stores.
- Understand and explain in general terms operational requirements and reports so that the Store Managers and Franchisees can understand and apply them successfully at the store level.
- Have a good understanding of our business, our competitors and how we can leverage our current assets in the surrounding market to ensure long term success.
- Understand how to access, print and read Back Office reports.
- Explain and show how store reports can be leveraged by the Store Manager and Franchisee to make good business decisions.
- Set high expectations for excellent customer service and hold the Corporate Store Managers and Franchisees accountable to the measurable results associated.
- Ensure stores are "closing to open" and that throughout the day, clear and defined associate floor plans and management occurs to maintain visual/merchandising standards, coupled with an outstanding customer engagement culture.
- Work with the Store Managers and Franchisees to ensure that the store merchandising environment is a point of differentiation aimed at getting a customer excited about the uniqueness of the offering, the possibilities that may exist, bringing product to life, inspiring a recipe of need, leading to a WOW marketing benefit.
- Ensure stores are following Corporate policies and procedures
- Complete Standard of Operations Report (SOP) audits twice per year
- Complete Product Range Reviews once per year
- Complete lightning visits several times per year to follow up on key responsibilities relating to the stores operation
- Follow-up with Corporate Store Managers on SOP Deviations within two weeks of SOP audits
Push For Results
- Drive business success through the effective use of internal reports, retail results assessments, and the development, implementation and monitoring of SMART Goals (action plans) directly geared towards business development, profitability, sales growth and customer satisfaction, consistently across all stores.
- Guide and work with Corporate Store Managers and Franchise Teams in the development of retail sales goals and action plans that are directly tied into measurable results and timely and consistent execution.
- Guide and work with Corporate Store Managers and Franchise Teams to manage labour and vacation scheduling to budgeted models, both in hours and with the FT/PT ratio.
- Implement a standard with store schedules that reflects a store staffing approach that meets the customer needs.
- Ensure stores have bench strength for future management needs both in existing and new store markets.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other Duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in business or related field
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
- 5-10 years Franchise/Retail multi-unit management experience
- 5-10 years' experience working in a retail environment (Food Retail experience is an asset)
- Experience facilitating training within a retail environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop, coach, and build strong relationships with franchisees
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Merchandising capabilities
- Ability to meet multiple and/or conflicting deadlines
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory and nationally occasionally or frequently depending on requirements and business need
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line DMT 2017) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.