Reports to: EVP, Retail Operations, Merchandising, Marketing & Supply Chain
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Support the EVP, Retail Operations, Merchandising, Marketing & Supply Chain Departments by providing administrative support, cataloging and distributing of department information, arranging and managing calendars, screening and prioritizing mail and phone calls, researching and writing memos, preparing materials used in executive presentations research and preparation of reports and making travel arrangements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with co-workers to ensure you have all the required information necessary to complete your daily projects/tasks
- Draft and send all departmental communications upon request by EVP, Retail Operations, Merchandising, Marketing & Supply Chain
- Assist in the organization of large scale functions such as the Franchisee Meeting
- Maintain control logs for tracking operational projects, vacation, attendance, etc.
- End-to-end processing of correspondence including preparation, copying, filing and distribution
- Maintain a control log and follow up on annual store sales, shrink, audits, etc.
- Copying, distribution, filing and follow upon on sign backs related to operational letters, materials and documentation
- Store portal publisher for Operations department announcements, forms and documents
- Log and control expense reports submitted to Operations including preparing expense reports for EVP, Retail Operations, Merchandising, Marketing & Supply Chain
- Copy and distribute P.O.'s once approved by the CFO/VP Finance
- Assist with presentation materials including power point presentations
- Record minutes of meetings when requested
- Maintain and prepare departmental vacation schedule
- Other ad hoc analysis and projects as determined from time to time
- Ensure accuracy of all reports and documents
- Ensure all documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission for review by EVP, Retail Operations, Merchandising, Marketing & Supply Chain
- Document and bring forward any document discrepancies for review by the EVP, Retail Operations, Merchandising, Marketing & Supply Chain
- Ensure all presentations, reports and communications are print ready and meet Company standards in advance of implementation
- Partner with co-workers as required on special and/or daily tasks to ensure deadlines and timelines are met to the standards set by the Company (e.g. Franchisee meeting)
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in business administration or related field
- 10 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant for a Sr. Finance Executive
- 10 years' experience working with excel at an intermediate or advanced level
- 5-10 years' experience preparing executive presentations and letters
- 10 years' experience working in a fast paced deadline and standards driven environment
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High attention to detail and comfort with financial documents and information
- Pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line EA2016) to: email@example.com.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.