Department: Legal & Administration
Reports to: EVP Administration
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
This position is responsible for converting written material from English to French or French to English, in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring that the translated version conveys the meaning of the original document as clearly as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must communicate effectively on a daily basis the translation of documents from English to French or French to English ensuring that the translated version of the documentation conveys the meaning of the original language as clearly as possible.
- Liaises with other departments on translation requests and ensures work is turned around in a timely manner.
- From time to time will act as an interpreter for:
- discussions with Québec government officials
- for customer service issues
- Translates all:
- Store correspondence going out to Quebec stores
- Prebooks and other product-related communications going out to Québec stores
- Store Policy Manual updates
- Information appearing on the Point-of-Sale system in Québec stores
- Information on product signs by entering the information into the product sign databases. Maintains the accuracy of the French version of the product sign databases
- Information on other general signage throughout the store
- Advertisements, flyers and other marketing materials for Québec stores
- Other information which is viewed by the French public
- Maintains an up-to-date French version of the Bulk Barn website.
- Maintains an up-to-date French version of the Store Portal.
- Will assist in the translation of other corporate documents as required (e.g. Point-of-Sale Manual, etc.).
- Accountable for all documents and reports forwarded by them internally or to third parties on behalf of the Company.
- Ensure accuracy of all reports and documents.
- Ensure all documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission.
- Applies their experience of the Québec market and in-depth knowledge of the French Canadian and English languages on a daily basis to eliminate barriers in communication as a result of language differences.
- Ensure all documents, reports and communications are print ready and meet Company standards in advance of implementation.
- Ensure all documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission to internal or third parties on behalf of the Company.
- Ensure all documents meet internal documentation standards.
- Assists other departments from time to time with other miscellaneous matters involving French language.
- Assist with other projects from time to time of a Québec nature.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary diploma in Translation or related field
- Certified French Language Translator is an asset
- 3 years' experience translating documents from English to French and French to English
- Experience translating documents in a business environment - retail industry preferred
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Solid command of the English and French Canadian language (written and verbal)
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of the Quebec market
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line FT2016) to: email@example.com or apply at www.bulkbarn.ca
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.