Department: Legal & Administration
Reports to: EVP Administration
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
This position is responsible for converting written material from English to French or French to English, in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring that the translated version conveys the meaning of the original document as clearly as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
Must communicate effectively on a daily basis the translation of documents from English to French or French to English ensuring that the translated version of the documentation conveys the meaning of the original language as clearly as possible.
Liaises with other departments on translation requests and ensures work is turned around in a timely manner.
From time to time will act as an interpreter for:
- discussions with Québec government officials
- for customer service issues
- Store correspondence going out to Quebec stores
- Order Forms and other product-related materials going out to Québec stores
- Store Policy Manual updates
- Information appearing on the Point-of-Sale system in Québec stores
- Information on product signs by entering the information into the product sign databases. Maintains the accuracy of the French version of the product sign databases
- Advertisements, flyers and other marketing materials for Québec stores
- Other information which is viewed by the French public
Maintains an up-to-date French version of the Bulk Barn website.
Maintains an up-to-date French version of the Store Portal.
Will assist in the translation of other corporate documents as required (e.g. Point-of-Sale Manual, User Guides, etc.).
- Accountable for all translated documents forwarded by them internally or to third parties on behalf of the Company.
- Ensures accuracy of all translated documents.
- Ensures all translated documents are audited and error free in advance of submission.
- Applies their experience of the Québec market and in-depth knowledge of the French Canadian and English languages on a daily basis to eliminate barriers in communication as a result of language differences.
- Applies their terminology research skills
- Ensures all translated documents and communications are print ready and meet Company standards in advance of implementation.
- Ensures all translated documents are audited and error free in advance of submission to internal or third parties on behalf of the Company.
- Ensures all translated documents meet internal documentation standards.
- Assists other departments from time to time with other miscellaneous matters involving French language.
- Assists with other projects from time to time of a Québec nature.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary diploma in Translation or related field
- Certified French Language Translator is an asset
- 3 years' experience translating documents from English to French and French to English
- Experience translating documents in a business environment - retail industry preferred
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Solid command of the English and French Canadian language (written and verbal)
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with the Quebec market
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.