Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Reports to: Manager, Marketing
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Graphic Designer and Marketing Coordinator is responsible to manage print and digital content and graphics, graphics development, and integration into the mobile site and data programming, ensuring timely execution and compliance to brand standards. They also have the responsibility to ensure that all assigned programs and tasks are completed in compliance with Company budgets and timelines and are communicated internally and externally to reflect the Company's image positively.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project /Task Management
- Administer and coordinate assigned projects/tasks in a timely manner and in adherence to Bulk Barn Foods Limited brand standards
- Collect, create, store, attain approvals, implement and manage digital and print content and graphics which include but are not limited to:
- Production information and graphics
- Bulk Barn Flyer
- Bulk Barn Weekly Special Banners
- Bulk Barn Weekly Web Specials
- Bulk Barn Sales Inserts
- Product Images
- Nutritional facts,
- Points of interest,
- Product samples for photography,
- Images on product or recipes from suppliers,
- Special events,
- Special program verbiage and images,
- Coordinate, attain approvals and input into the construction of applicable social media such as "Facebook", "Instagram" etc.
- Analysis of web-site statistics, as required
- Develop and maintain control files of media, information assets
- Use the Content Management System (CMS) to update the website as required
- Copy and maintain image database controls for both the Merchandising and Marketing departments
- Database administration on all products
- Collect, review and coordinate internal approvals of all assigned media & creative proofs
- Traffic Creative
- Ensure timely updates to Advertising calendars in line with program revisions
- Create, maintain and effectively utilize work back schedules
- Ensure proper execution of internal procedures throughout project lifecycle
- Communicate and report regularly on assigned project/ task progress to plan, requirements and quality standards
- Ensure ongoing communication with all internal stake holders and external customers and vendors during the course of the project/task to ensure ongoing alignment, transfer and collection of key information, and consistent project/task status awareness.
- Monitor approved guidelines of engagement with the public, corporate staff and franchisees and report discrepancies
- Maintenance and monitoring of control standards for corporate identification including colours and logo on all web and social media information.
- Coordinate and partner with department leads on project content, graphics, plans, timelines, approvals and sign-offs
- Use internal relationships to attain and transfer necessary information in a timely manner to ensure effective execution of projects to brand standard
- Follow execution timetables for all assigned projects and communicate requirements to all impacted internal and external parties
- Be aware of project budgets, and coordinate project expenditures to ensure alignment with assigned budgets
- Ensure timely creation and processing of P.O.'s and expenses in compliance with operating procedures
- Web and social media information and graphics ensuring content accuracy and alignment with approved content and brand standards
- Conformity with legislative requirements (e.g.: website AODA compliance)
- Program (parsing) large raw data into the proper category units to ensure accuracy and compliance to brand standards
- Work to resolve all issues as they arise ensuring management is made aware of the problem and the resolution implemented
- Report more complex issues as soon as possible and work with next level management to resolve
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in marketing and/or related field
- 3-5 years' experience as a marketing coordinator or in a similar position
- 3-5 years' experience working with print media for retailers (flyers, POS materials, etc.)
- 3- 5 years' experience working with digital media
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals and its application to retail environments
- 3-5 years' experience working in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat CC
How To Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available.