Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
This position is responsible for the update, control, integrity and analysis of the information within the Information Technology (IT) department and to ensure the IT department remains compliant with all software licensing requirements. This role is responsible for department purchasing and manages the department budget, reviewing all purchases to budget and assists the Director, IT in the annual budget creation process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with internal departments and external vendors coordinating new store openings, IT network setup and equipment delivery.
- Communicate with internal departments and external vendors on new purchase pricing, invoice discrepancies, and ongoing budget variances.
- Ensure ongoing communication with retail stores locations regarding any issues or updates to non POS IT software or hardware.
- Create and maintain an IT asset database to assist with problem management and change control processes.
- Recommend IT process improvements to Director, Information Technology to enhance the information capture and integrity of data.
- Assist the Director, Information Technology in the development of the annual IT Strategy Planning Document.
- Assist the Director, Information Technology in the development and execution of the annual IT budget.
- Responsible for ensuring all corporate IT assets, hardware and software are accurate through all daily moves, adds, and changes.
- Produce assets and information reports, as requested.
- Manage tasks for network and printer implementation in new store openings.
- Ensure the financial maintenance renewal charges for IT assets are processed in a timely manner.
- Create all IT department Purchase Orders and ensure the accuracy of the information.
- Maintain all IT department Purchase Orders and ensure follow through of required approvals and Company Operating Standards.
- Understand all software license requirements the IT department deploys to ensure compliance.
- Perform basic financial analysis on IT purchases to ensure correct use of corporate funds.
- Assist with research of products and services, as requested.
- Ensure accuracy of IT Budget submissions for reoccurring purchases, new purchases, and annual project costs.
- Negotiate with external vendors to obtain best pricing on IT purchases.
- Perform analysis on incorrect invoice versus budget versus purchase orders to obtain the correct charges for the company and follow up with vendors to explain and obtain credits for errors found.
- Perform financial analysis on the complex maintenance budget, with more than 50 budget entries, reviewing and adjusting budget calculations to ensure cost calculations meet the variations in costs identified in maintenance agreements.
- Review and analyze technical contracts and maintenance agreements identifying concerns and/or changes in IT processes and/or costs to the Director.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary diploma in Business, Technical or Change Management discipline
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a Financial, IT, or Data Analyst role, attention to detail is key to this role
- 3 - 5 years' experience using analytic skills in a professional environment
- 3 - 5 years' experience applying depreciation concepts and methods.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- 3 - 5 years' experience prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure changing environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft licenses for products deployed at Bulk Barn
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line IA2016) to: email@example.com.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.