Junior District Manager, Saskatchewan & Manitoba
Reports to: District Manager
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Employment Status: Full time
Support the District Manager with Corporate Retail Store Managers and Franchisees from a specified geographic region to ensure compliance with:
- franchise agreements (as applicable),
- operating policies and procedures, and
- applicable provincial and federal legislation.
Work together with the District Managers and Corporate Store Managers to support them in the achievement of:
- operating efficiencies,
- revenue goals,
- profitability, and
- customer satisfaction.
Assist with the sourcing, hiring, training and development of all assigned Corporate Store Teams.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communications are to be professional, timely, thorough and proactive whenever possible.
- All communications are to be delivered with consistency throughout the assigned region as directed by the District and/or Regional Manager.
- Know our customer by interacting with the customer on the sales floor and observing shopping behaviors, and associate/customer experience.
- Understand and administer operational and HR policies and procedures and ensure compliance with them, consistently between stores.
- Understand and explain in general terms operational requirements and reports so that the Store Managers and Franchisees can understand and apply them successfully at the store level.
- Have a good understanding of our business, our competitors and how we can leverage our current assets in the surrounding market to ensure long term success.
- Set high expectations for excellent customer service and hold the Corporate Store Managers accountable to the measurable results.
- Ensure stores are "closing to open" and that throughout the day, clear and defined associate floor plans and management occurs to maintain visual/merchandising standards, coupled with an outstanding customer engagement culture.
- Work with the Corporate Store Managers to ensure that the store merchandising environment is a point of differentiation aimed at getting a customer excited about the uniqueness of the offering, the possibilities that may exist, bringing product to life, inspiring a recipe of need, leading to a WOW marketing benefit.
- Lightening visits
- Follow-up visits
Push For Results
- Drive business success through the effective use of internal reports, retail results assessments, and the development, implementation and monitoring of SMART Goals (action plans) directly geared towards business development, profitability, sales growth and customer satisfaction, consistently across all stores.
- Work with District Manager and Corporate Store Managers in the development of retail sales goals and action plans that are directly tied into measurable results and timely and consistent execution.
- Work with District Managers and Corporate Store Managers to manage labour and vacation scheduling to budgeted models, both in hours and with the FT/PT ratio.
- Reinforce the established standard with store schedules that reflects a store staffing approach that meets the customer needs.
- Work with the District Manager to ensure stores have bench strength for future management needs both in existing and new store markets.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in business or related field
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
- 2 - 5 years Franchise/Retail management experience
- Experience facilitating training within a retail environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop, coach, and build strong relationships with franchisees
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Merchandising capabilities
- Ability to meet multiple and/or conflicting deadlines
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory and nationally occasionally or frequently depending on requirements and business need
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line JDMSKMB2016) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.