Junior Payroll Analyst
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
This role is responsible for assisting payroll with the processing of the bi-weekly pay and for supporting the Sr. Compensation and Payroll Analyst with departmental budgets, file administration, journal entries, financial analysis and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the processing of payroll journal entries and maintenance of reconciliation files for payroll-related accounts.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate remittances and reporting to CRA, Employment Insurance and all other third party payments.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of all required information into the Payroll processing system in accordance with the established timelines in order to produce a multi provincial bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salary employees.
- Assist with year-end processing and balancing of the RL1, T4 and T4A summaries.
- Prepare, process, maintain and monitor HR/Payroll department budgets and associated administration, providing monthly status updates to the Director of HR and flagging issues as they arise.
- Administration and processing of the weekly time and attendance program.
- Assist in the administration of internal reports for HR, Payroll and Finance.
- Act as a back-up for payroll clerks and Sr. Compensation and Payroll Analyst.
- Ad hoc reports as required.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers/clients.
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers/clients.
- Ensure regular updates and completion timelines are effectively communicated to management.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries ensuring backup/support documentation is attained and on hand at all times.
- Ability to handle and manage confidential issues with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Take responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks.
- Ensure reports entered and administrated are in compliance with legislation and Company Operation Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure compensation program and payroll data is accurately keyed, tracked, managed and stored in compliance with Company operating policies and procedures and legislation, specifically as it pertains to:
- file/management and document retention,
- Privacy Act,
- provincial and federal employee pay standards,
- pay equity, and
- employee benefits administration standards.
- Ensure all documents, reports, and communications are accurate, print ready and meet Company Standards, in advance of implementation.
- Ensure deadlines and timelines are met.
- Ensure employee compensation and pay documents provided for processing are accurate and completed properly in advance of payroll system entry.
- Notify management of any discrepancies and work towards resolving.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and internal department to build effective relationships to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Work with Sr. Compensation and Payroll Analyst to:
- analyze department data and prepare reports, statements, budgets and projections,
- prepare detailed analytics, and
- troubleshoot and resolve problems within the short and long term.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary education in Accounting, Finance or Payroll Analysis
- Canadian Payroll Practitioner certification (PCP) an asset
- Compensation certification an asset
- 1-3 years' experience in payroll or finance
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Outlook tools
- 1-3 years' experience working with Ceridian Payflex
- 1-3 years' experience working with relevant legislation such as Pay Equity, Employment Standards Act, Income Tax Act, etc.
- 1-2 years' experience working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines in a standard driven environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel inclusive of Pivot Tables and Macros
How To Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email with subject line "JRPA" to firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.