Junior Project Manager
Department: Real Estate and Store Development
Reports to: VP, Store Development & Real Estate
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
This position is responsible for overseeing the following areas for stores: store standard reviews and deficiency follow-up; planning and execution of re-shake projects; planning and execution of corporate roll-out program, and day-to-day management of the Store Management Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, other departments, contractors, landlords and/or vendors in a timely and clear manner.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Project Managers regarding stores in their respective territories.
- Log, track and coordinate timely resolutions of deficiencies noted at store level and ensure issues are clearly communicated to the appropriate vendors, as required.
- Execute semi-annual Store Standard Reviews, including coordination of reports and photos in support of deficiency resolution.
- Assist in developing project binders with planograms and the bulk and package layouts.
- Provide count for each store FF&E inventory delivery to the distribution center and communicate the information to the Project Manager, Planning Manager, and Coordinators.
- Monitor outstanding items in Store Deficiency database, update progress and consult with Project Managers to ensure deficiencies are resolved.
- Log, report, review and follow through to resolution on Store Incident Reports pertaining to damage at store level.
- Organize and schedule annual maintenance projects with internal stakeholders, Franchisees and external vendors (including Wash and Re-lamps, Interior Paint and Exterior Sign Backer Paint).
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and initiate change orders, as required.
- Manage, review and approve contracts for Franchisees, as required.
- Design two merchandising layouts (bulk and package) per store using Visio software overlaid on fixture plan, for approval.
- Obtain and review vendor quotes related to annual maintenance, present for approval and ensure projects are completed within approved parameters.
- Prepare scope of work for re-shake budget requirements.
- Draft and submit proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Prepare timing of events letters, as required.
- Maintain existing relationship with Franchisees across Canada, during and outside of standard business hours.
- Comply with and help enforce Company Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain the Store Merchandising team calendar and provide staffing recommendations to Director with regard to roll-outs and re-shakes including schedule changes.
- Work with Project Coordinators to issue cost acknowledgements, purchase orders and supporting paperwork, in accordance with current financial standards.
- Daily management of the Store Merchandising Team under direction and supervisor of the Director, Store Development and National Manager, Store Programs and Training, including scheduling, attendance, expenses and performance standards.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary education in Project and Construction Management
- Project Management Certificate (PMP), an asset
- 3 - 5 years' experience working in retail construction project management
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Visio, Adobe
- Basic knowledge of accounting principle
- 3 year experience working under pressure, multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Fluent in French, both oral and written, an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver's License and own a car less than 7 years old
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line JPM 2017) to: email@example.com.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.