Location: Aurora, Ontario
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Manager, Reporting & Analysis
Employment Status: Full Time, Permanent
This role is responsible for assisting payroll with the processing of the bi-weekly pay and for supporting the Manager, Reporting & Analysis with departmental budgets, file administration, journal entries, financial analysis and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process payroll journal entries and maintenance of reconciliation files for payroll-related accounts.
- Responsible for completing payroll period end analysis reports to be distributed to Department Heads and Finance on a timely matter.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate remittances and reporting to CRA and Employment Insurance.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of all required information into the Payroll processing system in accordance with the established timelines.
- Assist with year-end processing and balancing of the RL1, T4 and T4A summaries.
- Prepare process, maintain and monitor HR/Payroll department budgets and associated administration, providing monthly status updates to the VP of HR and flagging issues as they arise.
- Assist, prepare and maintain Payroll Office and Store Wage budgets.
- Assist, prepare and maintain Payroll processing fees.
- Assist in the administration of internal reports for HR, Payroll and Finance.
- Act as a back-up for payroll clerks and Manager, Reporting & Analysis.
- Manage the Ceridian Day Force system as a Super user capacity and provide support to all levels of the business.
- Any other duties as required.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers/clients.
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers/clients.
- Ensure regular updates and completion timelines are effectively communicated to management.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries ensuring backup/support documentation is attained and on hand at all times.
- Ability to handle and manage confidential issues with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Take responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks.
- Ensure reports entered and administrated are in compliance with legislation and Company Operation Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure compensation program and payroll data is accurately keyed, tracked, managed and stored in compliance with Company operating policies and procedures and legislation, specifically as it pertains to:
- file management and document retention,
- Privacy Act,
- provincial and federal employee pay standards,
- pay equity, and
- employee benefits administration standards.
- Ensure all documents, reports, and communications are accurate, print ready and meet Company Standards, in advance of implementation.
- Ensure deadlines and timelines are met.
- Ensure employee compensation and pay documents provided for processing are accurate and completed properly in advance of payroll system entry.
- Notify management of any discrepancies and work towards resolving.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and internal department to build effective relationships to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
Work with Sr. Compensation and Payroll Analyst to:
- analyze department data and prepare reports, statements, budgets and projections,
- prepare detailed analytics, and
- troubleshoot and resolve problems within the short and long term.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary education in Accounting, Finance or Payroll Analysis
- Canadian Payroll Practitioner Certification an Asset
- Compensation Certification an Asset
- 1 -3 years' experience in payroll or finance
- 1 - 3 years' experience working with Ceridian Payflex
- 1 - 3 years' experience in a professional environment
- 1 - 3 years' experience working with relevant legislation such as Pay Equity, Employment Standards Act, Income Tax Act, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel inclusive of Pivot tables and Macros
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft word, power point and outlook tools
How To Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.