Location: Aurora, Ontario
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
This position is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of payroll, time and attendance and file management for both salaried and hourly employees.
In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with provincial and federal legislation and Company operating policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project / Task Management
- Assist the Payroll Specialist with accurate and timely preparation and processing of the multi-provincial bi-weekly payroll for the hourly and salary employee group.
- Act as a backup for the Payroll Specialist.
- Data entry of new hires, terminations, status changes, rate changes and benefit information.
- Maintains personnel files and ensures that all necessary documents are in receipt.
- Assist in the preparation, tracking and distribution of the annual vacation and various leave entitlements.
- Assists with preparation and tracking of the hourly and salary employees' time and attendance process.
- Preparation and reconciliation of the monthly payroll journal entry for payroll and benefit charges, accruals and statutory deductions.
- Calculations of manual cheques and completion of Record of Employments.
- Preparation, processing and reconciliation of the monthly remittances for payroll and benefit charges and statutory deductions.
- Provides direct support to the Payroll team on an ongoing basis and assists with various payroll and benefit reporting, as required.
- Relief coverage during peak period and during vacation leaves.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers for payroll, benefit and HR related inquires.
- Diffuse upset customers and work with Payroll Specialist to resolve.
- Work with Bilingual HR Generalist to resolve customer requests from Quebec.
- Ensure accuracy and inclusion of all pertinent information on all documentation.
- Ensure attained information is properly secured and processed in a timely manner.
- Audit incoming data to ensure compliance and accuracy of information being processed.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries ensuring backup/support documentation is attained and on hand at all times.
- Ability to handle and manage confidential issues with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Take responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Communicate professionally verbally and in writing to internal customers.
- Seek assistances when communication is required in French.
- Ensuring regular updates and completion timelines are effectively communicated to management.
- Ensure all documents, reports, and communications are accurate, print ready and meet Company Standards, in advance of implementation.
- Partner with Store Operations and co-workers to ensure deadlines and timelines are met.
- Ensure employee pay and benefit documents provided for processing are accurate and completed properly in advance of payroll system entry.
- Notify management of any discrepancies and work towards resolving.
- Ensure payroll is accurately keyed, tracked, managed and stored in compliance with Company Operating Policies and Procedures and legislation, specifically as it pertains to:
- file/management and document retention,
- Privacy Act,
- provincial and federal employee pay standards, and
- employee benefits administration standards.
- Work in collaboration with co-workers to build effective relationships to support the achievement of position requirements.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary education in Payroll or related field
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation or in the process of attaining through the Canadian Payroll Association, an asset
- 1-2 years' experience conducting full cycle payroll
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite
- 1-2 years' experience working with Ceridian Payflex, an asset
- 1-2 years' experience working with relevant legislation such as Pay Equity, Employment Standards Act, Income Tax Act, etc.
- 1-2 years' experience working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines in a standard driven environment
How To Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.