Real Estate Market Analyst
Location: Aurora, On
Reports to: Senior Director, Real Estate
Employment Status: Full-time
Number of Positions: 1
Position Summary: This position is dedicated to creating, developing and maintaining an analytics program and database, along with related tools, templates and shortcuts to support Real Estate and Store Development initiatives and National store market strategy. The Market Analyst will also provide ad-hoc strategic analytical support to various business units within the organization in their pursuit of key business initiatives.
- Perform demographic research and compile all data into a comprehensive report.
- Sourcing, monitoring and updating a variety of key information for a database including census information, population/residential growth and development, retail activity, road information, relevant infrastructure projects and commercial opportunities.
- Assist Real Estate group with special projects and store initiatives.
- Communicate and work with local economic development groups to obtain information on the market including, population growth and timing of the growth.
- Assist with municipal enquiries pertaining to development applications and land use designations.
- Liaison with municipal planners, economic development representatives, and external consultants or other providers of market data.
- Preparing, presenting and communicating marketing analysis information to members of the department and executive team.
- Liaison with Real Estate Director and VP to provide input concerning market strategy and store positioning.
- Ensure all communications, written and verbal, are clear, professional and respectful.
- Ongoing review of inter-related work processes for varied application in projects and assignments and to make ongoing adjustments and improvements to these processes and procedures.
- Create and maintain maps showing all key retailers in the markets
- Maintain in a digital mapping system and Google Maps of all Bulk Barn locations.
- Assist in the preparation of approval packages for new locations.
- Servicing request for information including provision of trade area maps, data extractions and market review packages.
- Prepare visuals of existing and potential locations (maps, pictures) based on relevant data and criteria to support and implement a market strategy.
- Researching and updating information competitive and synergistic retail activity.
- Travel as required by the business to review and assess markets and store opportunities.
- Analyze all new locations and potential impact on existing stores in the markets.
- Track population changes to determine a target plan for the next 5 to 10 years.
- Analysis of store markets and determination of appropriate comparable analogues for existing stores and potential Bulk Barn store opportunities.
- Maintain analytics program and database.
- Assist in the research and selection of a GIS system and mapping system to replace MapPoint.
- Ensure process oriented approach when conducting routing reporting and project management.
- Pro-active and resourceful in researching and potentially incorporating changes in technology and information sourcing to enhance value and efficiency for the business.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
Knowledge, Competencies & Skills:
- University Degree in Urban Planning, Geography with a preference for a Masters of Spatial Analysis
- 3 - 5 years' experience in research and market/financial analysis role
- 3 - 5 years' experience working with the practical application of GIS
- Advanced computer skills required to manage databases and prepare maps, analyses, presentations, reports and other documents
- 3 - 5 years' experience extracting, managing and analyzing large volumes of data
- 3 - 5 years' experience working under pressure, multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- 3 - 5 years' experience working independently and in a team environment
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume, including covering letter, (using the subject line REMA2016) to email@example.com or apply at www.bulkbarn.ca.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.