Regional Manager, Western Canada
Reports to: National Director, Retail Operations
Location: Central, British Columbia
Lead and oversee an assigned number of District Managers, Corporate Retail Store Managers and Franchisees (50 - 70 Retail locations) from a specified geographic region (Western Canada - BC, AB, SK, MB) to ensure compliance with:
- franchise agreements (as applicable),
- operating policies and procedures, and
- applicable provincial and federal legislation.
Lead and guide District Managers, Store Process Training Supervisors, Corporate Store Managers and Franchisees in the achievement of:
- problem resolution,
- operating efficiencies,
- revenue goals,
- profitability, and
- customer satisfaction.
Responsible for the sourcing, hiring, training and development of all assigned, District Managers, Store Process Training Supervisors and Corporate Store Teams.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with EVP of operations to assess root cause for systemic problems arising and/or currently existing within the region and brainstorm solutions that will resolve the problem and improve region results in the short and long term.
- Be cognizant of regional market trends and general information and use that information to assist with decision making to the benefit of the business (Unemployment rates, competitor openings, etc.).
- Responsible for consistently and effectively communicating the company mission, initiatives and objectives to assigned District Managers, Corporate Store Managers and Franchisee teams through organized and scheduled conference calls, one on one meetings and email communications.
- Communications are to be professional, timely, thorough and proactive whenever possible.
- All communications are to be delivered with consistency throughout the assigned region.
- Ensure that trends of underperformance are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Formally recognize strong performers within the assigned region.
- Manage District Store Managers, Store Process Training Supervisors, Corporate Store Managers and Franchisee teams towards acceptable Store Operations/Human Resource audit compliance levels.
- Ensure the overall people plan of the region reflects high standards, bench and succession planning, coupled with consistent mentoring and people development.
- Manage, develop, train and support all direct and ensure indirect reports receive same from their assigned District Managers.
- Work with District Managers and Franchisee teams to resolve issues proactively and/or as they arise and report unresolved issues to the Regional Manager for support
- Work towards long term solutions to problems and share positive results with the Regional Team.
- Establish a process to ensure your region has accountability to expectations on a consistent and timely basis.
- Know our customer by interacting with the customer on the sales floor and observing shopping behaviors, and associate/customer experience.
- Understand and administer operational and HR policies and procedures and ensure compliance with them, consistently between stores and among your staff.
- Understand and explain in general terms operational requirements and reports so that the team can understand and apply them successfully within their roles.
- Have a good understanding of our business, our competitors and how we can leverage our current assets in the surrounding market to ensure long term success.
- Understand how to access, print, read and successfully use all Back Office reports.
- Explain and show how store reports can be leveraged by the District Manager, Store Manager and Franchisee to make good business decisions.
- Set high expectations for excellent customer service and hold the Corporate Store Managers and Franchisees accountable to the measurable results associated.
- Ensure stores are "closing to open" and that throughout the day, clear and defined associate floor plans and management occurs to maintain visual/merchandising standards, coupled with an outstanding customer engagement culture.
- Work with your team to ensure that the store merchandising environment is a point of differentiation aimed at getting a customer excited about the uniqueness of the offering, the possibilities that may exist, bringing product to life, inspiring a recipe of need, leading to a WOW marketing benefit.
- Ensure Store Process Training Supervisors are scheduled to address the biggest need within the region and are working towards bridging the gap in retail store staff knowledge and standards application.
Ensure stores are following corporate policies and procedures.
Work with District Managers to ensure the completion of:
- Standard of Operations Report (SOP) audits twice per year
- Product Range Reviews once per year
- lightning visits several times per year to follow up on key responsibilities relating to the stores operation
- Follow-up with Corporate Store Managers on SOP Deviations within two weeks of SOP audits
Push For Results
- Drive business success through the effective scheduling and allocation of Store Process Training Supervisors & District Managers, the use of internal reports, retail results assessments, and the development, implementation and monitoring of SMART Goals (action plans) directly geared towards team and business development, profitability, sales growth and customer satisfaction, consistently across all stores.
- Lead the team in the development and execution of retail sales goals and action plans that are directly tied into measurable results and timely and consistent execution.
- Work with District Managers, Corporate Store Managers and Franchise Teams to trouble shoot scheduling problems and manage labour and vacation scheduling to budgeted models, both in hours and with the FT/PT ratio.
- Ensure regional teams have bench strength and training support required for team development and future management needs both in existing and new store markets.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in business or related field
- 8 - 10 years' experience as a multi-store operator and/or Sr. Retail Manager
- Experience working in a retail environment (Food Retail experience is an asset)
- Understanding of business management fundamentals
- Experienced working in a fast paced deadline and standards driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop, coach, and build strong relationships with franchisees
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Merchandising capabilities
- Ability to meet multiple and/or conflicting deadlines
- Ability to travel frequently throughout assigned territory depending on requirements and business need
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line RMWC2016) to: email@example.com or apply at www.bulkbarn.ca
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.