Retail Store Recruiter East
Department: Retail Operations
Reports to: Regional Director, Quebec & Atlantic
Location: Corporate Store #723 - Montreal-Marche Central
Employment Status: Full time
The Retail Store Recruiter supports and works in collaboration with both the Retail Operations Department and Human Resources Department. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide full-cycle recruitment; from talent sourcing, to offers of employment for store level staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure clear and concise communication to all employees and external candidate who seek guidance regarding the recruitment process.
- Ensure ongoing communication with internal and external partners to ensure ongoing alignment, transfer and collection of key information, and consistent project status awareness.
Project & Task Management
- Ensure timely execution of all assigned projects/tasks.
- Screening resumes
- Performing in-person and phone interviews with candidates
- Administering appropriate company assessments
- Performing reference and background checks
- Making recommendations to company hiring managers
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
- Following up on the interview process status
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the company's organization structure, personnel policy, and legislated laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
- Completing timely reports on employment activity
- Conducting exit interviews on exiting employees
- Responsible for conducting all Corporate Retail Store new hire orientations and liaising with the Store Manager for to ensure effective store staff orientation
- Provide support to the Human Resources Generalist
- Assist in the preparation of employment letters, and new hire process execution
- Work with the Human Resources Department and Retail Operations Team to provide on-site support, when required.
- Take responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks, ensuring regular updates and completion timelines are effectively communicated to management
- Ensure recruitment files are kept up to date and employee data is complete and accurate
- Ensure the accuracy of all communications and compliance with all applicable legislation, and compliance with Company standards
- Ensure accuracy of all reports and documents
- Knowledge of human resources practices, theories, laws and legislation in order to interpret legislative requirements and monitor HR related activities
- Partner with the Payroll, HR and Retail Operations team(s) to ensure that all employees life cycle data submissions are processed promptly and accurately (hires/transfers/promotions/terminations)
- Seek appropriate support to troubleshoot issues in a timely manner
Ensure employee documentation is managed in compliance with Company Operating Policies and Procedures and the applicable legislation, specifically as it pertains to:
- file/management and document retention,
- employment standards,
- health and safety regulations
- Privacy Act, and
- Human Rights Act
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures
Any other duties as required
- Post-Secondary education in HR or a related discipline.
- CHRP designation, or in the process of attaining a CHRP designation, an asset
- 1 year minimum of Human Resources experience.
- Knowledge of all Canadian Labour legislation requirements
- Knowledge of the provincial Employment Standards Act.
- Knowledge of the AODA
- Knowledge of the OHSA
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.