Social Media Specialist
Reports to: Manager, Marketing
Location: Aurora, Ontario
The Specialist, Social Media has the responsibility to ensure that all assigned programs and tasks are completed in compliance with Company budgets, timelines and brand standards and are communicated internally and externally to reflect the Company's image positively.
Duties and Requirements
Project /Task Management (Internal newsletter, grand opening programs, charities, associations, sampling and social media/digital programs constitutes approx. 80% of this work volume)
- Oversee assigned programs from inception through to execution
- Complete program analysis for assigned marketing activities
- Develop execution timetables for all assigned projects and communicate requirements to all impacted internal and external parties, upon approval from the Marketing Manager
- Collect, review and coordinate internal approvals of all assigned media & creative proofs
- Traffic Creative
- Responsibility for development of social media calendar, identifying opportunities based on need states and seasonality, in partnership with the department Manager
- Ensure timely updates to Advertising calendars in line with program revisions
- Create, maintain and effectively utilize work back schedules
- Ensure proper execution of internal procedures throughout project lifecycle
- Work in partnership with vendors and internal partners to meet defined deadlines and standards to ensure customer satisfaction
- Participate in vendor sourcing and costing proposals as requested
- Effectively build and maintain positive internal and external relationships
- Monitor approved guidelines of engagement with the public, corporate staff and franchisees and report discrepancies
- Communicate and report regularly on project progress to plan, requirements, budget, quality standards and expected business results
- Ensure ongoing communication with customers, vendors and stake holders during the course of the project to ensure ongoing alignment, transfer and collection of key information, and consistent project status awareness
- Copy writing, proofing and content management for internal and external programs ensuring positive and brand consistent messaging
- Use internal relationships to attain and transfer necessary information in a timely manner to ensure effective execution of projects to brand standard
- Coordinate and partner with department leads on project content, plans, timelines, approvals and sign-offs
- Be aware of project budgets, and coordinate project expenditures to ensure alignment with assigned budgets
- Ensure timely creation and processing of P.O.'s and expenses in compliance with operating procedures
- Participate in the annual department budget planning process as requested
- Assess project risk and report issues to next level management
- Report issues as soon as possible and work with next level management to resolve
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in marketing or related field
- 3-5 years' experience as a marketing coordinator or in a like position
- 3-5 years' experience doing internal and external marketing communications in a retail environment (newsletters, social media content management, copy writing, etc.)
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals and its application to retail environments
- 3- 5 years' experience working with digital and social media
- 3-5 years' experience working in a fast paced deadline and standards driven environment
- Advanced understanding of Excel
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line SMSP2018) to: email@example.com
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.