Sr. Accounts Payable Clerk
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Reports to: Manager, General Accounting and Accounts Payable
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Sr. Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of the Finance Department by continuously performing the co-ordination of payments to suppliers. Provide support and guidance to the Accounts Payable Clerks on more complicated tasks. Provide management information to make key decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project & Task Management
- Participate in full cycle A/P, with great attention to detail.
- Matching, precisely coding and inputting of invoices, and ensuring all invoices are approved and processed per company guidelines and vendor terms in a timely manner.
- Accurately prepare, reconcile, process and file weekly cheque run.
- Review and approval of stock invoices (warehouse & DSD) processed and ready for payment.
- Assist with the continuous analysis of specific vendor statements, outstanding purchase order list, aged accounts payable and goods-received-not-invoiced balances.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as required from time to time.
- Assist with effectively communicating and training SOP's to the Accounts Payable Clerks to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Communications are to be professional, timely, thorough and proactive whenever possible.
- Act as liaison with the Logistics and Merchandising Departments on vendor invoice and credit matters.
- Act as a liaison and company representative with vendors on matters related to vendor payments and credits.
- Communicate with management in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Effective use of Microsoft Navision (NAV) and Microsoft Excel maximizing productivity and ensuring timelines are met.
- Use of accounts payable knowledge to effectively execute Projects and Task Management responsibilities to company standards.
Problem Solving Skills
- Take initiative to resolve issues that arise on assigned tasks and projects and present resolution ideas to management for approval.
- Assist with the day-to-day trouble shooting of problems to quickly resolve issues and ensure the timely accurate processing of payments to suppliers.
- Provide support for vendor dispute/issue resolution where required.
- Notify management of issues and escalate unresolved issues as required.
- Thoroughly reviews own work to ensure accuracy.
- Conducts detailed reviews and follows up on vendor statements to ensure all invoices are properly paid and credits are received within defined timelines.
- Ensure vendor invoices are posted accurately and within designated time frames. Vendors are paid correctly and appropriate discounts are taken.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors. Respond to vendors enquiries in a timely manner.
- Complete tasks in accordance with accounting principles and Company operating policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers building effective relationships and towards common company goals and objectives.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years experience with full cycle A/P
- 3- 5 years experience successfully multi-tasking and managing large volumes of data
- 1-3 years experience working under pressure with accuracy and meeting deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- 3-5 years experience using flexibility, initiative, good judgement and discretion with a pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and practices
- Experience applying effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Navision, an asset
- Knowledge of French an asset
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.