organic seedless dried soap berries
place 4-6 soap berries in a wash bag (tie it closed) and place into the drum of your washing machine along with your laundry and leave in for both the wash and rinse cycles. use warm water or hot water for best results. the soap berries can be reused for approximately 4-6 loads of laundry - once they turn gray and dull in colour, they can be composted.
• completely natural with no chemicals or added scents - great for people with skin sensitivity
• safe for he washing machines
• environmentally friendly: biodegradable, compostable, phosphate free
• cloth diaper friendly
note: not to be taken internally. for external use only. keep away from children. in case of eye contact, flush with water. if ingested, contact poison control.
place five soap berries in the organic cotton wash bag, code #014940, tie it closed, and throw it into the drum of your washing machine along with your dirty laundry. use warm or hot water for the best result. cold water washes work best with soap berry laundry liquid. you can reuse the bag of soap nuts for 4 or 5 loads of laundry. the soap berries will be gray and dull when they need to be composted. alternatively, you can use 1/3 cup of your own brewed soap nuts liquid detergent per load of laundry.
soap nuts are perfect for he and front load washers as they do not create many suds! just remember to put whole soap nuts in the drum of the machine. soap nuts liquid can go in the detergent drawer.
• laundry detergent
• dishwashing (handwashing and dishwasher)
• all purpose cleaner
• glass cleaner
• body and face wash
• insect and mosquito repellant
• car wash
• jewelry cleaner
Point of Interest:
what is it? soap berries (or soap nuts) consists of a solid and hard outer shell and a small pit inside it. this outer shell is used for making cleaning products. after the fruit ripens, it falls to the ground. it is then harvested and dried in the sun. saponins, a natural substance, are present in the soap berries. when the soap berries are soaked in water, the saponins are released. this helps the water penetrate the fabric and clean it. soap berries are a good replacement of commercial detergents due to the fact that they have a natural anti-microbial property which kills harmful microbes present in dirt. soap berries do not contain any added dyes or chemicals. they are low sudsing, but are capable of cleaning clothes as effectively as commercial laundry detergents without side effects of skin irritation from chemicals.
benefits of soap berries/nuts:
• sustainable: it's a renewable resource, easily grown organically.
• all natural: no harmful ingredients.
• eco-friendly: less processing, less energy and less packaging.
• affordable: they can replace multiple cleaners, and last longer.
• reusable: each berry can be used up to 6 times before it's spent.
• hypoallergenic: no skin or respiratory irritation and non-toxic.
• not actually nuts: they're totally safe for those with nut allergies.
• simple: throw them in your wash or make a simple liquid detergent.
• odorless: but you can always add your own essential oils.
• gentle: their mild nature won't damage delicate clothing or surfaces.
• no fabric softener needed: they naturally soften your fabrics!
• save water: they rinse easier so require less water.
• save energy: you can use a shorter rinse cycle in your laundry, too.
• front-loading friendly: no suds are perfect for he machines.
• non-polluting: 100% biodegradable and safe for graywater systems.
• compostable: used shells can be thrown in your compost.