Dear Valued Bulk Barn Customer,
The safety and well-being of our customers, associates and team members is always our number one priority especially during these challenging times.
In full transparency, we wanted to inform you that on May 17th, we received confirmation that one of our team members at the Bulk Barn 700 King St. East, Toronto, has tested positive for COVID-19. The affected team member's last shift was on May 14th.
We have requested that team members who have been in close contact with the affected team member self-isolate for 14 days.
We will stay in close touch with Public Health to ensure we are following all the right protocols to manage this situation. Over the last few months, we have taken many precautionary measures and have implemented several new safety protocols in our stores. In regards to this situation, we are executing a deep clean and sanitization of the affected store, above and beyond our already elevated practices, to ensure our store is operating under the highest standards.
Our valued team members have been working extremely hard during these difficult times and we will continue to support and appreciate them through all the challenges that arise including situations like this. Their health and well-being is of the utmost importance.
We will continue to do everything in our power to serve our customers and protect our valued team members. These are uncertain times and we are actively monitoring current events, as we take constructive steps to address the COVID-19 situation.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited
Bulk Barn is committed to the health and well-being of our customers, associates and employees. We are actively monitoring current events, as we take constructive steps to address the COVID-19 situation.
Please rest assured that we have business continuity plans and protocols in place to allow us to continue to service our valued customers during this rapidly-changing landscape.
Some of the steps we have taken are outlined below:
- We have hand sanitizers available at the front entrances of all stores, for use by staff and customers.
- Our staff are wearing masks at all times while working in the store.
- We have introduced disposable gloves available for staff and for customers.
- We have introduced plexiglass shields at the checkouts and have added floor stickers in our stores to ensure social distancing while shopping in the store.
- We have implemented more robust cleaning and sanitization protocols, which have been reinforced with store staff.
- We are concentrating on frequent cleaning of all high-touch surfaces in the store including shopping carts, hand baskets, check-out counters, scales, POS equipment, scoops, tongs, utensils, etc.
- Of an abundance of caution, we have temporarily paused our Reusable Container program.
- We have implemented and are regularly updating policies for our team to minimize risk and address concerns. Specifically, We have encouraged our team members to closely monitor their health and well-being and stay home if they are sick.
- We have performed corporate contingency planning to ensure we are prepared to address any issues promptly as they arise.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer service department CustomerServiceW@bulkbarn.ca. Please note that our teams are working remotely to ensure social distancing so our customer service team is only available through email.
As the situation is progressing dynamically, store hours have been impacted and adjusted in order to allow our stores be cleaned and our people to rest. Please check out our store locator (www.bulkbarn.ca/en/Stores) to see your specific store's hours.
We will continue to be vigilant, and we appreciate everyone's understanding as we navigate through these challenging times.
Click to view our BC Operational plan