Accounting Clerk, Corporate Stores
Reports To: Manager, Corporate Store Accounting
Location: Aurora, Ontario
The Accounting Clerk assists in the day-to-day operation of the Finance Department by performing accounting duties including the processing of transactions for the benefit of the Company and our corporate stores. Provide management information to make key decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project & Task Management
- Daily reconciliation of deposits (cash, debit, credit) to POS data and bank account, including follow up on discrepancies; weekly bank reconciliation.
- Weekly reconciliation and processing of retail sales data, purchases and expenses.
- GL account reconciliations, variance analysis and some purchase order analysis.
- Matching, precisely coding and inputting of invoices, and ensuring all invoices are approved and processed per Company guidelines and vendor terms in a timely manner.
- Assistance with monthly financial reporting for senior management.
- Assistance with initial preparation of and subsequent monitoring of annual budgets.
- Assistance with year-end audit working papers.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as required from time to time.
- Use of accounting knowledge to effectively execute Project and Task Management responsibilities to Company standards.
- Effective use of Microsoft Navision (NAV) and Microsoft Excel, maximizing productivity and ensuring timelines are met.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries, maintain backup / support documentation at all times.
- Ensure timely follow-up with stores to confirm required information is received.
- Act as liaison and company representative with vendors on matters related to the processing of payments.
- Act as liaison and department representative with corporate store managers in relation to POS reporting and daily deposits.
- Communicate with management in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Take initiative to resolve issues that arise on assigned tasks and projects and presents resolution ideas to management for approval.
- Thoroughly reviews own work to ensure accuracy.
- Conducts detailed reviews and follows up to ensure all invoices are properly paid and credits are received within defined timelines.
- Conducts detailed reviews and follows up with corporate store managers to ensure all paperwork is received and reconciled.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors and corporate store managers. Respond to all enquiries in a timely manner.
- Complete tasks in accordance with Bulk Barn Food Limited's policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers building effective relationships and supporting the achievement of common company goals and objectives.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years' working experience using general accounting principles and exercising high levels of attention to detail
- 1-3 years' working experience using flexibility, initiative, good judgement and discretion with a pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities
- 1-3 years' experience working under pressure and meeting deadlines, in a fast paced and dynamic professional environment
- 1-3 years' working experience using time management and problem solving skills in order to achieve goals
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Navision knowledge is an asset
- Detail-oriented approach with the ability to multi-task and manage large volumes of data
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.