Accounts Receivable Clerk
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Reports to: Director, Finance
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for processing invoices and the collection of payments from franchises and external vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project & Task Management
- Conduct full cycle Accounts Receivable.
- Process and issue invoices for all non-warehouse related revenue to all Bulk Barn stores.
- Main point of contact for all invoicing inquiries from the stores including investigation and follow up.
- Process, issue and collect payment for all other miscellaneous invoices.
- Review of weekly Franchisee Customer Statements to ensure accurate processing of invoices and payment.
- Prepare weekly customer statements and distribute accordingly to the stores.
- Administer weekly EFT collection of payments from stores.
- Prepare weekly reporting on outstanding balances.
- Process all manual invoices and deposits.
- Complete Accounts Receivable related period end reconciliations including processing of journal entries.
- Prepare yearend working papers.
- Review and process expense reports including matching to credit card statements.
- Travel to the bank to complete required company banking activities.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects, as required.
- Communications are to be professional, clear, concise, timely, thorough, and proactive whenever possible.
- Effectively communicate and act as a liaison for external vendors on matters related to vendor payments and credits; escalate issues to senior management, as required.
- Communicate and provide regular updates to senior management in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Ensure the effective application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and accounts receivable knowledge.
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely and accurate manner to resolve; escalate issues to senior management, as required.
- Ensure accuracy and inclusion of all pertinent information on all documentation.
- Ensure all communications are detailed and in compliance with Company Operating Standards.
- Ensure all secured and attained information is detailed, accurate, and current.
- Maintain positive relationships with franchisees and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Company Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and internal department to build effective relationships to achieve Company strategic goals and objectives.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- 3-5 years' work experience with full cycle Accounts Receivable
- 1 -3 years' experience working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines in a standard driven environment
- Intermediate understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Navision, an asset
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email with subject line "A/R Clerk" to firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.
Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. All requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company