Corporate Accountant (Corporate Stores)
Reports To: Manager, Corporate Store Accounting
Location: Aurora, Ontario
The Corporate Accountant is a key position that is heavily involved in the day-to-day operation of the Finance Department by continuously performing financial analysis and processing transactions for the benefit of the Company and our corporate stores. Provide management information to make key decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project & Task Management
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting for senior management, including forecasts.
- GL account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Review of corporate store financial statements.
- Assistance with initial preparation and subsequent monitoring of annual budgets.
- Preparation of year-end audit working papers.
- Review and approval of processed invoices (accounts payable), including follow up of issues.
- Oversee and provide backup for daily reconciliation of deposits (cash, debit, credit) to POS data and bank account, including follow up on discrepancies; weekly bank reconciliation.
- Oversee and provide backup for weekly reconciliation and processing of retail sales data, purchases and expenses.
- Interact with the Store Operations Department on a regular basis.
- Act as a department liaison on accounting matters with corporate store staff.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as required from time to time.
- Use accounting knowledge and experience to ensure all financial reports and/or analyses are completed in compliance with legislation and Company financial operating policies and procedures.
- Effective use of Microsoft Navision (NAV) and Microsoft Excel maximizing productivity and ensuring timelines are met.
- Apply experience and knowledge to ensure the effective application of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries, maintain backup / support documentation at all times.
- Ensures timely follow-up with stores to confirm required information is received.
- Act as a liaison and department representative with corporate store managers in relation to POS inquiries.
- Act as a liaison and company representative with vendors and municipalities.
- Communications with management and others are to be professional, timely, thorough and proactive whenever possible.
- Investigation and recommendation of process improvements.
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely and accurate manner with intent to resolve; escalate issues to senior management as required.
- Ensure all documents, reports and communications generated are accurate, print ready and meet company standards.
- Thoroughly reviews own work to ensure accuracy.
- Complete tasks in accordance with Bulk Barn Food Limited's policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers building effective relationships and supporting the achievement of common company goals and objectives.
Push for Results
- Work to ensure all tasks and processes are completed properly and on time.
- Conduct financial analysis and provide Manager, Corporate Store Accounting and/or senior management with reports as required.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting or related field
- Obtained or in the process of obtaining a professional accounting designation is an asset
- 3-5 years general accounting experience
- 3-5 years experience successfully conducting analysis and managing large volumes of data
- 3-5 years experience successfully multi-tasking and working under pressure with accuracy to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- 3-5 years experience applying effective interpersonal skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Navision, an asset
- 3-5 years experience applying time management and problem solving skills in order to achieve goals
- Experience using flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion with pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities
- Proficient in English: written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Sensitive to dealing with confidential information
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.
Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. All requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company