Location: Aurora, Ontario
Department: Store Development
Reports to: Manager, Deficiencies & Reporting
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Deficiencies Coordinator's main purpose is to support the Jr. Project Managers and the Manager, Deficiencies & Reporting in the day-to-day activities within Store Development for their assigned regions, including but not limited to; new stores, relocations, expansions, renovations, and as the business may require on an ongoing basis.
The Deficiencies Coordinator's provides "hands on" support and maintenance throughout the full store project including take-off counts, budgets, resource management, scheduling, communication, deficiency follow-up and procurement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project /Task Management
- Update project schedule with key dates and send out weekly updates to internal departments and vendors to ensure critical due dates are met for the successful set up and completion of the store project.
- Send out Cost Acknowledgments to stores for approval and issue Purchase Orders to Vendors once Approved as required.
- Initiate contracts for corporate stores as required and forward to legal for approval and signature (Waste Mgmt., HVAC, Window/Floor Cleaning etc.).
- Both transfer contracts as required to and from Franchisees as required in Corporate Store cases.
- Review outstanding items in Store Deficiency database, update progress and assist Jr. Project Managers to ensure tasks are completed.
- Prepare Pre-Fixture Kick off updates out-lining fixture status. Anticipate and proactively manage inventory risks.
- Provide support to the Jr. Project Managers in the administration of contracts and contract changes, project change orders, work schedules, deficiencies and asset lists within each designated region.
- Assist in coordination of building permit applications required for all projects.
- Organize and complete project store information binders as required for the store build.
- Assist Finance with outstanding purchase order issues as they arise for month-end and year-end.
- Resourceful, attentive with details and maintains accurate records.
- Assist the Jr. Project Managers in the preparation and submission of project budgets.
- Set-up utilities and phone lines for new store builds.
- Provide support to Jr. Project Managers with deficiencies within each designated region in a coordinator role.
- Provide the Manager, Deficiencies & Reporting with consistent status reports for all outstanding issues.
- Send out cost acknowledgments to stores as required for approval and issue purchase orders to vendors.
- Navigate in system for inventory quantities, pre-books, picking, invoicing as required.
- Prepare budgets for approval.
- Tender quotes from vendors as required for budgets and special order items as per store requests.
- Prepare budgets for approval and issue purchase orders to vendors.
- Anticipate and proactively manage inventory risks for assigned project stores.
- Create, maintain, and update warehouse logs to ensure orders are received and shipped on project timeline.
- Initiate contracts for Corporate Stores, as required, and forward to Legal/Administration for approval and signature (waste management, HVAC, window/floor cleaning etc.) and issue purchase orders as required for these contracts.
- Transfer contracts as required to and from Franchisees as required in Corporate Store cases.
- Provide support to stores in each designated region with day-to-day requests etc.
- Communicate within department and business as needed to ensure timing, accuracy, and smooth processing of information and orders.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post- Secondary diploma in Business and/or Administration or related field
- Post- Secondary diploma in Project Management, an asset
- 1-3 years' experience coordinating projects in a retail environment
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic working knowledge of accounting principles and experience with budgets and issuing purchase orders
- Ability to organize workflow, multi-task at high levels, and manage changing priorities within specified timelines
- 1-3 years' experience of working with simultaneous projects
- 1-3 years' experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficiency and comfort level to communicate in one on one settings, group situations and over the telephone
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Resourceful, attentive with details and maintaining accurate record
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume (using the subject line DEF2020) and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.