Distribution Centre Assembler
Department: Distribution Centre
Reports to: Vice President, Distribution and Logistics
Employment Status: Full-time
The Distribution Centre Assembler role is hands-on and labour intensive. Fast-paced environment, repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, manual dexterity, hand-eye co-ordination, and attention to detail are part of the role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- Pick order and stock, wrap goods, and stack goods for truck s to pick-up
Knowledge, Competencies and Skills
- Vehicle and equipment experience with dollies and hand trucks, pallet lifters, and tow motors
- Weight handling up to a maximum of 45 kg (100lbs)
- Average weight throughout a shift 11 kg (25lbs) per lift
- Ability to assemble boxes securely on pallets to an average height of six feet.
- Additional skills: build pallets
- Good command of the English language
- Working with others, problem solving, job task planning and significant use of memory
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork
- A detail-oriented approach is essential
- Reliable transit to and from work
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please quote "DC Assembler - F/T" in the subject line of your email.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.