Distribution Centre Assembler
Department: Distribution Centre
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full-time, permanent (35 hours/week)
Shift Schedule: Afternoon shift, Sunday to Wednesday. This position operates on a four-day work week.
The Distribution Centre Assembler role is hands-on and labour intensive. Fast-paced environment, repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, manual dexterity, hand-eye co-ordination, and attention to detail are part of the role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- Pick order and stock, wrap goods, and stack goods for trucks to pick-up
Knowledge, Competencies and Skills
- Vehicle and equipment experience with dollies and hand trucks, pallet lifters, and tow motors
- Weight handling up to a maximum of 45 kg (100lbs)
- Average weight throughout a shift is 11 kg (25lbs) per lift
- Ability to assemble boxes securely on pallets to an average height of six feet.
- Additional skills: build pallets
- Good command of the English language
- Working with others, problem solving, job task planning and significant use of memory
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork
- A detail-oriented approach is essential
- Reliable transit to and from work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
The afternoon shift operates on a 35-hour, four-day work week:
- Sunday: 2:30 pm- 12 am (9 hours)
- Monday: 2:30 pm- 12 am (9 hours)
- Tuesday: 2:30 pm- 12 am (9 hours)
- Wednesday: 2:30 pm - 11 pm (8 hours)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote "DC Assembler" in the title.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available in accordance with the AODA, if requested. Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, and all requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted. Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.