Department: Real Estate & Store Development
Reports to: Vice President, Real Estate & Store Development
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
Support the VP, Store Development & Real Estate and the Store Development and Real Estate Departments by providing administrative support, cataloging and distributing of department information, arranging and managing calendars, screening and prioritizing mail and phone calls, researching and writing memos, preparing materials used in executive presentations research and preparation of reports and making travel arrangements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with co-workers to ensure you have all the required information necessary to complete your daily projects/tasks.
- Advise manager of any concerns or issues in advance of assigned deadlines.
- Draft and send all departmental communications upon request by VP, Store Development & Real Estate.
- End-to-end processing of correspondence including preparation, copying, filing and distribution.
- Copying, distribution, filing and follow upon on sign backs related to operational letters, materials and documentation.
- Store portal publisher for announcements, forms and documents.
- Log and control expense reports including preparing expense reports for VP, Store Development & Real Estate.
- Copy and distribute P.O.’s once approved by the CFO/VP Finance.
- Record minutes of meetings and distribute when requested.
- Maintain and prepare departmental attendance/vacation schedule.
- Prepare all required documentation in advance of upcoming meetings for all attending personnel, if required.
- Other ad hoc analysis and projects as determined from time to time.
- Deal with enquiries from landlords and others and re-direct calls, draft correspondences, or provide assistance as required.
- Prepare checklists containing many tasks and completion of each task from execution of the offer to lease until the store opens which includes, without limitation, reviewing and understanding the offers to ensure that all conditions are satisfied, all notifications from the landlord are received on time.
- Provide necessary information from the offers to Finance, Store Development, Legal and various other groups within the organization.
- Prepare and update many logs including, current store address listing, possession opening dates log, construction calendar, real estate log.
- Prepare amending letters and waivers and follow up until fully executed by the landlord.
- Prepare LIPSOC form detailing out all requirements under the offer to lease to assist Store Development in the preparation of their scope of work and budgets.
- Prepare LIPSOC form to send to landlord’s to ensure all Landlord Work is completed and following up with the landlord’s on all items until completion.
- Provide demographic and market information for new markets as requested.
- Ensure accuracy of all reports and documents.
- Ensure all documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission for review by VP, Store Development & Real Estate.
- Document and bring forward any document, policy, process and/or procedure discrepancies for review by the VP, Store Development & Real Estate.
- Ensure all presentations, reports and communications are print ready and meet Company standards in advance of implementation
- Partner with co-workers as required on special and/or daily tasks to ensure deadlines and timelines are met to the standards set by the Company.
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in business administration or related field
- 10 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant for a Senior Executive
- 10 years’ experience working with Excel at an intermediate or advanced level
- 5-10 years’ experience preparing executive presentations and letters
- 10 years’ experience working in a fast paced deadline and standards driven environment
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High attention to detail and comfort with financial documents and information
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion
- Pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.