Established in 1982, Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with close to 300 stores and growing! The key to our success is progressive thinking, detailed/ methodical planning and flawless execution by passionate people across our organization. We strive to foster a balanced and flexible culture that benefits both our customers and employees.
- High Standards
- Exciting and Fun
- Customer Oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive compensation program and employer-paid benefits, we are conducting a 2-year test pilot on:
- Possibility of work-from-home arrangements, depending on the position
- A 32-hour flexible work week
- Casual dress code
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Accounting Clerk assists in the day-to-day operation of the Finance Department by performing accounting duties including the processing of transactions for the benefit of the Company and our corporate stores. Provide management information to make key decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily reconciliation of deposits (cash, debit, credit) to POS data and bank account, including follow up on discrepancies; weekly bank reconciliation.
- Weekly reconciliation and processing of retail sales data, purchases and expenses.
- GL account reconciliations, variance analysis and some purchase order analysis.
- Matching, precisely coding and inputting of invoices, and ensuring all invoices are approved and processed per Company guidelines and vendor terms in a timely manner.
- Assistance with monthly financial reporting for senior management.
- Assistance with initial preparation of and subsequent monitoring of annual budgets.
- Assistance with year-end audit working papers.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as required from time to time.
Education & Skills
- 3-5 years working experience using general accounting principles and exercising high levels of attention to detail
- 1-3 years working experience using flexibility, initiative, good judgement and discretion with a pride of ownership over assigned responsibilities
- 1-3 years experience working under pressure and meeting deadlines, in a fast paced and dynamic professional environment
- 1-3 years working experience using time management and problem solving skills in order to achieve goals
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Navision knowledge is an asset
- Detail-oriented approach with the ability to multi-task and manage large volumes of data
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume to us, along with a covering letter telling us why you would like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available in accordance with the AODA, if requested.
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.