Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
The Financial Analyst will provide fact based recommendations to assist in the continuous improvement of the Merchandising Department. Through strong analytical support, innovative recommendations and insights, the Financial Analyst will have a direct impact on maximizing Corporate and Store sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct monthly presentation to Senior Management by quantifying the impact of changes in top categories and advertising campaigns.
- Provide strategic recommendations to ensure Corporate and Store sales are being maximized.
- Act as a key contributor to the financial success of the Categories by making recommendations on how to optimize product performance to achieve sales and margin growth.
- Recommend product mix for Permanent and Bi-Monthly Tub Programs to increase Corporate and Store sales.
- Compile and submit Stewardship reports and liaise with provincial stewardship legislature to ensure accurate reporting and compliance.
- Support management with the financial assessment of the Flyer process by providing projections and recommendations on product selection and placement to meet financial goals.
- Provide on-going ad-hoc support to the Marketing team to address business needs, as requested.
- Responsible for weekly sales analysis reports (coupon redemption summary, flyer and instore specials).
- Provide administrative support to Manager on Flyer template.
- Provide vendor purchase forecast to complete annual financial budget
- Partner with Finance in Vendor Support Program budgets, collection, and reconciliation.
- Perform thorough report testing on assigned business projects.
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers/clients.
- Ensure regular updates and completion timelines are effectively communicated to management.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries ensuring backup/support documentation is attained and on hand at all times.
- Take responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks.
- Ensure reports entered and administrated are in compliance with legislation and Company Operation Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure integrity of data for all entries.
- Ensure all documents, reports, and communications are accurate, print ready and meet Company Standards, in advance of implementation.
- Ensure deadlines and timelines are met.
- Ensure employee compensation and pay documents provided for processing are accurate and completed properly in advance of payroll system entry.
- Notify management of any discrepancies and work towards resolving.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and internal department to build effective relationships to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Provide thorough analysis on Post Mortem reports and make recommendations for future programs.
- Develop analytical business tools such as Regionality Report, Contract Forecast, Three Year Trend Graph to address business needs.
- Provide post promo analysis on sales, coupons, regionality and store profitability.
- Obtain and evaluate data quality and extract data for analytical purposes.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business, Commerce and/or Computer Science
- 3 - 5 years' experience with financial analytics in retail environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel inclusive of extensive use of Pivot tables and Macros
- 3 - 5 years' experience delivering presentations
- 1 - 2 years' experience working with Merchandising terminology
- 3 - 5 years' experience working under pressure and meeting tight deadline in a standard driven environment
- 1 - 2 years' experience working in a team driven environment with good interpersonal skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft word, PowerPoint and Outlook tools
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.