Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, HR Operations
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
This role reports directly to the Director of HR Operations with a dotted-line relationship to the HR Generalist. The HR Coordinator provides employees relations and payroll support to a specified region of the operations team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the Dayforce payroll system with all employee changes (new hires, terminations, promotions, leave of absences, wage increases, employee status changes, etc.)
- Enter all employee benefits related information on Industrial Alliance system
- Liaise with frontline employees to obtain proper documentation for entry into the system and for audit purposes
- Employee Relations: employment verification letters, offer letters, confirmation of verbal resignation letters, job abandonment letters, support HR Generalist with leave of absences, ad hoc queries
- Recruitment: support the HR Generalist with general administration including, but not limited to; job postings, screening resumes, telephone interviews, reference checks
- Administration: maintenance of internal lists including organizational chart, seating plan, reports and tracking documentation (i.e. Recruitment, Performance Management, Investigations)
- Compensation - support annual performance management process including distribution and collection of documents and data collection.
- Oversee onboarding process including orientation, new hire paperwork sign-off, new hire announcements, assignment of HR downloads training
- Support the HR Generalist in workplace investigations, as required.
- Ensure the HR Portal is up-to-date and accurate
- Maintain employee files (create file upon hire and on-going maintenance)
- Support various HR projects as required (policy development, training, program delivery)
- Provide back-up support to co-workers and team members, as required
Support the Company in ensuring compliance with all applicable Canadian human resources and payroll legislative requirements.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Other duties and projects as required.
Education & Skills
- 1-2 years HR, Payroll and/or administrative experience
- 1-2 years' experience working in an HR function
- Completion of a local college HR program, an asset
- Well versed and adaptable with technology including Microsoft Suite, Visio, Adobe, Dayforce
- Strong and diplomatic communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Strong follow-up skills
- Office environment
- Physical requirements - minor lifting of boxes and binders
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line HRCordinator2021) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.