HR Generalist (Bilingual)
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, HR Operations
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
This role is part of the HR Operations team and provides HR support and consultation to our field and retail employees. This position operates in a generalist capacity and acts as the first point of contact for the Operations team for HR and Payroll related matters. It provides guidance on employee relations, performance management, communications and general administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resources Support and Consultation
- Provide guidance, direction and support to the client group in employee relations issues, including company policies & procedures, recruitment & selection strategy, performance management, job evaluations, terminations, training & development, health and safety, benefits, leaves management, administration, etc.
- Conduct investigation as required
- Assist with the development of HR programs and training
- Promote and foster HR programs within the operations team
- Support the recruiting and selection process as required
- Policy development as required
- Deliver training to the field as required
- Ensure clear communication between field staff and HR
- Ensure timely and accurate administration of bi-weekly payroll
- Liaise with the Payroll team to ensure collection of proper onboarding documentation
- Verify weekly payroll entries as required
- Indirect oversight of HR Specialist role
- Compliance with internal practices
Support the Company in ensuring compliance with all applicable Canadian human resources and payroll legislative requirements.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Other duties and projects as required.
Education & Skills
- Bilingual (English and French) both written and verbal
- 5 years' experience working as an HR Generalist
- 2-3 years' experience recruiting
- Human Resources Designation
- Applied knowledge of local labour laws and statutes for employment across Canadian provinces with thorough understanding and hands-on application of internal and external HR principles, practices and standards
- Demonstrated experience with coaching employees and management through complex and difficult issues
- Strong integrity, ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information
- Ability to work efficiently & multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the retail/grocery sector, an asset
- Demonstrated follow-up skills
- Well-developed and diplomatic communication skills (written, spoken and presentations)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Dayforce, Adobe and Visio
- Strong project management and follow up skills with strong attention to detail
- Office environment
- Physical requirements - minor lifting of boxes and binders
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume (using the subject line HRGen2021) to: email@example.com.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.
Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. All requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company