Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: Director, Human Resources & Payroll
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: Aurora, Ontario
This position is responsible for the management, compliance and administration of HR policies, practices and procedures for an assigned area. The incumbent partners with department, Senior Human Resources Generalist and retail operation leaders to ensure HR practices are executed in alignment with legislation, Company policies and procedures, collective agreements (as applicable) Company mission and values and operational objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers/clients.
- Respond to internal customers/clients within 24 hours from time of initial contact.
- Ensure all communication is compliant with the Company mission, values, practices, policies and procedures, collective agreements (as applicable) legislation and operational objectives.
- Provide professional coaching and counselling to management and other employees as required.
- Seek assistance when communication is complicated and/or required in French.
- Ensure regular updates and completion timelines are effectively communicated to management in advance of established deadlines.
- Promote HR programs to foster an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
Project & Task Management
- Provide full-cycle recruitment for all assigned internal client groups (Posting, screening, testing, interviewing, assessing and reference checking.).
- Work with management to deliver effective on-boarding and orientation programs.
- Provide support to assigned corporate office departments and retail operation teams with regards to all HR related issues.
- Partner with Payroll in the preparation of employee letters (Offer letters, employment letters, termination letters, etc.).
- Assist and provide counsel on progressive disciplinary issues and performance management issues to assigned internal customer/client teams.
- Manage complaints and conduct investigations as required. Report all findings to Senior HR Generalist and Director, Human Resources.
- Work with Senior HR Generalist on all post probationary period, approved terminations.
- Work with assigned internal customer/client teams to create and maintain succession plans.
- Update all HR tracking sheets on a daily basis.
- Send weekly and monthly HR updates (weekly recruitment update, performance management update, etc.) to assigned internal customer/client teams.
- Assist the Manager, HR Programs and Administration with policies procedures, and job descriptions and other HR programs and general administration as required.
- Act as a back-up for other HR Generalists and Jr. HR Generalist as required.
- Work with department managers and operational teams on the day-to-day management and resolution of common issues within your assigned internal customer/client teams.
- Escalate complex issues and work with Senior HR Generalist to resolve.
- Ensure that all coaching, guidance, letters and procedures provided to assigned internal customer/client teams are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the applicable legislation, Company mission and values and Company operating standards.
- Effectively support your assigned internal customer/client teams in a timely manner in the achievement of operational goals.
- Ensure accuracy and inclusion of all pertinent information on all documentation.
- Ensure all communications are detailed and in compliance with the applicable legislation and Company operating standards.
- Ensure all attained information is secured, detailed, accurate, and current.
- Ensure a relevant and current understanding of Canadian human resources legislation, including, but not limited to, Employment Standards, Workers Compensation, Ministry of Labour, Human Rights, Employment Law and Occupational Health & Safety Act and Canada Labour Code
- Apply your knowledge of human resources practices, theories, trends, laws and regulations in order to provide professional guidance, interpret legislative requirements, and monitor HR related activities.
- Ensure all documents, reports, and communications are accurate, print ready and meet Company and legislative Standards, in advance of implementation.
- Partner with department and operational leaders to ensure that all employees life cycle data submissions are received, processed promptly and accurately (hires/transfers/promotions/terminations).
Ensure employee documentation is managed in compliance with Company Operating Policies and Procedures and the applicable legislation, specifically as it pertains to:
- file/management and document retention,
- employment standards,
- health and safety regulations
- Privacy Act, and
- Human Rights Act
Consistently evaluate and assess new opportunities for sourcing and securing qualified candidates for vacant positions and succession planning purposes.
Work with Senior HR Generalist to create new programs or evolve existing programs to meet the changing needs of the Company.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Bilingual in French and English
- Post-Secondary education in HR or a related discipline.
- CHRP designation required, CHRL designation an asset.
- 3 - 5 years' experience with HR administration: drafting offer letters, termination letters, employment letters, internal announcements, etc.
- 3 - 5 years' experience coaching and supporting performance management.
- 3 - 5 years' experience conducting full cycle recruitment: sourcing, screening, assessing, testing, interviewing, selecting and hiring
- 1 - 3 years' experience participating in internal employee investigations and workplace health and safety audits
- 1 - 3 years' experience dealing with government agencies (i.e. MOL, CNESST, etc.)
- 1 - 3 years' experience drafting policies and procedures
- 1 - 3 years' experience delivering one on one and small group training sessions
- 1- 3 years' experience coordinating employee orientations and social events
- Experience and working knowledge of the provincial Employment Standards Act.
- Experience and working knowledge of all Canadian Labour legislation requirements
- 1 - 3 years' experience assisting with HR wage and departmental budget planning specifically as it pertains to recruitment forecasting and budgeting
- 1 - 3 years' experience working with accessibility requirements, return to work programs and related legislation
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter with subject line "HRGEN" by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.