Inventory Control Analyst
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Department: Inventory Department
Reports to: Supervisor, Inventory Control & Receiving
Shift: Monday-Friday, 12 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Employment Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Inventory Control Analyst is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the inventory stored at Bulk Barn Foods Limited Distribution Centre. The Inventory Control Analyst is responsible for achieving a highly accurate inventory that will satisfy the external requirements of auditors and internal business operations by eliminating any impediments to the efficiency of both the inventory assemblers and 'replenishers'.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for completing the IC task list by performing the prescribed cycle counts and special bin auditing (damage bins, receiving and shipping bin etc.)
- Responsible for documenting user error in the system primarily concerning the 'replenishers' and receivers.
- Co-ordinates product isolation with merchandising department as it pertains to quality issues.
- Assist in the creation of pick bins, including value and setting maintenance in the NAV system.
- Create, maintain and repair racking labels that are used by the system to identify bin locations.
- Bin contents administration, sorting (Part case) clearing (damage Bins).
- Damaged pallet control.
- Responsible for receiving DSD shipments, allocating the shipments to the correct store DSD bins and performing audits when required.
- Perform requested cycle counts for visiting auditors
- Responsible for auditing and receiving Bulk Barn store returns.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing of item configuration changes ("yellows") and item deletions ("blues") correct time while working with merchandising to correct deficiencies as required in the NAV system.
- Oversee and configure the weekly Co-packing assembly, and report any subsequent deficiencies.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating product pallet weight s
- Document with pictures and narratives, any and all damaged product received at time of delivery, and provide the report to the direct supervisor
- Work with merchandising department, or on a discovery basis to isolate any product that may have quality concerns, which includes but is not limited to pack sizes, expiry or infestations.
- Act as the primary escalation response to any technical issues as it pertains to the NAV system, or hardware elements such as Handhelds, Truck mounts and Pallet label printers.
- Assist with the assembly of any special Product that is more intricate than normal assembly requires such as seasonal remainders allocations or marketing materials.
- Thoroughly reviews own work and colleagues to ensure accuracy.
- While preforming the cycle counts the IC analyst will be responsible for the accurate physical count of the required bins, in addition to the correct entry of that data into the system via the hand held or terminal.
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to internal departments such as Merchandising, Supply Chain and Finance.
- Respond indirectly to Retail Store locations within immediacy when requested by the Supervisor, Inventory Control & Receiving.
- Required to respond to assemblers and 'replenishers' issues with quantities or lots in a bin, to maintain their efficiency.
- Resolve elaborate and complex inventory discrepancies as they arise, with the intention to reach resolution.
- Required to identify, report, analyze and repair any discrepancies between the physical inventory on hand and the system generated quantity of the bins counted.
- Required to identify, report and repair any lot variations in the bins contents
- Responsible for analyzing all discrepancies that arise from the regular performance of any of the tasks, and report findings to the direct supervisor or other relevant internal departments.
- Co-ordinates special audits for the Supply Chain department with regards to mis-shipments.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and internal departments; Supply Chain, Merchandising, Finance and Store Development to build effective relationships to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Partner with co-workers as required on daily and/or special tasks, to ensure deadlines and timelines are met to the standards set by the Company.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary diploma in Business and/or Administration
- 1 - 3 years' experience in an Inventory Control and/or Receiving Department
- 1 - 3 years' experience working under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- 1 - 3 years' experience in performing Inventory Counts and/or audits Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Navision (NAV), an asset
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- 1 - 3 years' experience operating a forklift, pallet truck and scissor lift
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How To Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.