Established in 1982, Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with close to 300 stores and growing! The key to our success is progressive thinking, detailed/ methodical planning and flawless execution by passionate people across our organization. We strive to foster a balanced and flexible culture that benefits both our customers and employees.
- High Standards
- Exciting and Fun
- Customer Oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive compensation program and employer-paid benefits, we are conducting a 2-year test pilot on:
- Possibility of work-from-home arrangements, depending on the position
- A 32-hour flexible work week
- Casual dress code
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provide administrative support and secretarial functions to EVP Administration, Corporate Counsel and the Administration and Legal Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to EVP Administration, Corporate Counsel and the rest of the department (filing, typing, copying, scanning, expense report submissions, archiving of files etc.)
- Book meetings and appointments and perform calendar management as directed.
- Maintain system of bring forwards of key tasks within the department. Ensure bring forwards are organized, by month, and are followed up and dealt with properly.
- Collect and distribute incoming mail and faxes.
- Assist with various tasks related to the purchase/leasing, and sale, of Company vehicles. Maintain a vehicle log and current files for each vehicle.
- Arrange for annual renewal of all vehicle license plates for Company owned vehicles.
- Prepare emails to franchised stores from time to time as required.
- Review quarterly franchise calendar distributed by Merchandising to check that all retail/statutory holidays, insurance matters and other departmental matters are captured.
- Log monthly hours on EVP Administration's Continued Professional Development spreadsheet, and online on the CPA Professional Development tracker.
- Assist with completion of annual Institute of Chartered Accountants Continuing Professional Development submission and membership.
Time & Attendance:
- Manage Vacation Planner for the department, (including Vacation Planner for EVP Administration).
- Manage time and attendance system (Dayforce) for the department. Ensure Dayforce entries are submitted bi-weekly for Payroll processing.
- Maintain a current list of staff hours for department and current list of birthday dates.
Telephone & Store Lists:
- Maintain various internal telephone lists and store lists (13 in total).
- Post up-to-date shared lists to the Shared drive.
- Update EVP Administration and Corporate Counsel's binders.
- Place a copy of List #3 in all meeting rooms.
Takeover and Expiry logs:
- Maintain Repurchase List, and Franchise & Lease Expiry list.
- Update weekly, or as needed, providing EVP Administration and Corporate Counsel with updated copies.
- Open/unlock department cabinets in the morning and close/lock them in the evenings.
- Create new store correspondence files as required.
- Ensure filing is accurate and up-to-date.
- Create file folders and labels as required.
- Maintain integrity of filing system and Master List of Files.
- Responsible for annual archiving project, which includes boxing up of files, transferring files, reviewing cabinet contents, and updating all lists (approximately 15 in total) with changes made.
Supplies and Stationery:
- Ensure paper and supplies are stocked properly in the supply room, two copy rooms and legal processing room (all sizes of paper are available) and order supplies as required, ensuring the necessary purchase order approvals are in place in advance of ordering.
- Unpack supplies and check accuracy of orders delivered.
- Ensure supply room, copy room and legal processing room are kept organized and clean and all department printers are filled with paper.
- Order Head Office and Franchisee stationery (business cards, envelopes, and letterhead) from time to time.
Policy Manual Administration:
- Responsible for all Store Policy Manual updates (create, edit and post updates to the Store Policy Manual on the portal) and communication to stores.
- Liaise with French Translators for translation.
- Ensure department's portal postings are always current and up-to-date.
Food Handlers' Certificates
- Maintain files on expiry date for Franchisee Food Handlers' Certificates. Follow up to ensure certificates are up-to-date and new certificates are received. Maintain log and full binder in this regard.
Health and Safety Inspection Reports
- File copies of all correspondence in the store correspondence files.
- Assist Insurance Coordinator with administrative tasks related to insurance if required.
Other administrative duties as required from time to time by the department.
Education & Skills
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in business administration or related field
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of products
- 3 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Strong follow-up skills
- Some legal administrative experience an asset
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a covering letter telling us why you would like to join our team.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available in accordance with the AODA, if requested.
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.