Established in 1982, Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with close to 300 stores and growing! The key to our success is progressive thinking, detailed/ methodical planning and flawless execution by passionate people across our organization. We strive to foster a balanced and flexible culture that benefits both our customers and employees.
- High Standards
- Exciting and Fun
- Customer Oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive compensation program and employer-paid benefits, we are conducting a 2-year test pilot on:
- Possibility of work-from-home arrangements, depending on the position
- A 32-hour flexible work week
- Casual dress code
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role provides support to the Corporate Counsel and Executive Vice President Administration with respect to matters relating to franchising, store service contracts, corporate filings/annual returns, Personal Property Security Act ("PPSA") registrations and corporate and security searches.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records concerning franchise expiry dates; lease expiry dates; franchise renewal options; franchise expiry deposits; and dates of franchise transfers/resales, renewals and terminations.
- Prepares franchise disclosure documents and execution copies of franchise agreements and related documents.
- Prepares various logs and lists of franchise information as requested.
- Prepares lease summaries, for review by Corporate Counsel, to be used as part of the preparation of franchise disclosure documents.
- Makes PPSA filings in provinces across Canada, as required, and prepares a reporting memorandum to Executive Vice-President Administration and Corporate Counsel summarizing registrations made. Sends copies of verification statements for filings made to franchisee debtors.
- Prepares purchase orders and cheque requests as required.
- Prepares correspondence to franchisees, as required, including correspondence requesting updated financial and other information prior to renewal, default letters, offers to repurchase, relocation letters etc.
- Prepares franchise asset repurchase documents, orders due diligence searches and works with Corporate Counsel on closings of franchise asset repurchase transactions.
- Assists with research on various by-law and other local issues.
Assists, in the absence of the insurance coordinator, in reporting insurance incidents to insurance broker; follows up with broker and insurance adjusters to provide information to expedite the resolution of claims; maintains insurance incident and claim logs; advises broker of new locations to add and locations to remove from coverage.
Education & Skills
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a law clerk role ideally with exposure to franchising.
- Competent in PPSA online registration/ discharge process and other on-line corporate and security searches.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Solid command of the English Language (written and verbal).
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available in accordance with the AODA, if requested. Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, and all requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company.
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.