Loss Prevention Analyst
Department: Loss Prevention
Reports to: Manager, Loss Prevention
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full-time, Permanent
The Loss Prevention Analyst role is responsible for supporting the Manager, Loss Prevention with gathering and organizing retail operations data and recommending action plans. This role produces payroll templates to assist with the creation of the corporate store payroll budget and generates reports to assist store in scheduling and for measuring payroll results against budget.
This position is directly responsible for carrying out loss prevention audit processes and detailed review of reports, transactions, and other data to uncover store activities that result in losses due to theft, fraud and errors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with gathering retail operations data and providing findings to the Manager, Loss Prevention.
- Performance of first level loss prevention audit procedures.
- Continue to evaluate store post audit and assist in second level for stores that persist with signs of loss.
- Detailed review of store data, electronic journals, staffing information and other documents and reports to uncover the cause of losses at store level.
- Assist Manager, Loss Prevention with activities to minimize waste and maximize gross profit related to seasonal programs, waste, store inventory levels, accuracy of store item files and sell-off of inventory prior to renovation.
- Work with IT on developing reports to assist in the loss prevention process.
- Analyze coupons, promotions, discounts, returns, corrects, sale items, cake pan deposits, no sales, cashier accountability statistics, open departments, cash losses, etc. Work closely with store operations to resolve issues.
- Generate scheduling reports to be used by loss prevention team and store operations to ensure proper scheduling, within budget, at store level
- Generate payroll reports of hours and dollars to be use by loss prevention team and store operations to ensure payroll expense does not exceed budget.
- Produce payroll templates and assist with the preparation of the corporate store payroll budget.
- Assist Manager, Loss Prevention in ensuring store expenses do not exceed budget, training operations staff, producing detailed records and reports and ensuring the accuracy of year end inventory counts.
- Communications, both verbal and written, are to be professional, timely, thorough and proactive whenever possible.
- Ensure regular updates and completion timelines are effectively communicated to management
- Work with HR, payroll and operations to resolve issues proactively and/or as they arise and report unresolved issues to the Manager, Loss Prevention
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of data for all reports generated
- Ability to handle and manage confidential issues with a high degree of professionalism and discretion
- Take ownership of all assigned tasks
- Assist with ad hoc reports as assigned
Work with Manager, Loss Prevention to:
- Analyze retail operations data, prepare reports and make recommendations.
- Analyze financial and non-financial data to identify trends and irregular transactions
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems within the short and long term
Ensure all documents, reports and communications generated are accurate, print ready and meet Company standards in advance of submission.
Ensure accuracy of all reports and documents Ensure all documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission for review by Manager, Loss Prevention.
Work in partnership with other department teams to ensure data integrity and timely submission of required analysis, reports, budgets, etc. Work in partnership with other department teams to ensure alignment in the interpretation of data provided in advance of presentation to the Manager, Loss Prevention.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- 3 - 5 years' experience working in a retail environment
- 3 - 5 years' experience working with a finance or retail store accounting team
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a professional environment
- 3 - 5 years' experience working in a fast paced and deadline and standards driven environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel inclusive of Pivot tables and Macros
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft word, power point and outlook tools.
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.