Graphic Design Specialist
Reports to: Director, Marketing
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
The Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for identifying the best way to illustrate and communicate the brand's vision while complying with design best practices. This position is responsible for graphic development and desktop publishing of templates and designs for flyers, banners, website design and to work with the Social Media Specialist to instill our brand standards across all platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create new design concepts and templates relating to promotional and advertising activity.
- Design content for Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Pinterest and other social media platforms.
- Collect, edit, crop and assemble images, copy and print content and graphics which include but are not limited to; the flyer, banners, bag stuffers.
- Assemble content; copy, images and graphics for all social media programs.
- Responsible for the management of the department database content, including updating product information, product photos and nutritional information.
- Administer weekly updates for email sign-up coupons, in-store promotions and coupons.
- Update weekly in store banners, flyer content and bag stuffer copy and images.
- Compose all flyer content and adjust the templates, images and copy.
- Provide proofs for inter-departmental approval of content.
- Pre-flight/quality assurance review of all content and specifications before transmission to printer.
- Create weekly 'specials' banners and store renovation banners.
- Design seasonal window signs, seasonal tub and barrel wrap and product signs.
- Create window planogram templates for seasonal activity.
- Maintain and update, as required, Company website and Google site information.
- Incorporates graphics into advertising and marketing campaigns, films (videos), packaging and other promotional material.
- Responsible for developing visually creative design in support of brand standards: Logo, Font, Print, Web, Colour Specification
Education & Skills
- 3-5 years' experience as a graphic designer
- Bachelor degree in Graphic Design or equivalent field
- Experience designing content for: Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Pinterest and other social media platforms
- 3-5 years' experience working with print media for retailers (flyers, POS materials, etc.)
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals and its application to retail environments
- 3- 5 years' experience working with digital media
- 3-5 years' experience working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Proficient in using Adobe Suite software
- Office environment
- Physical requirements - minor lifting of boxes and binders
How to Apply:
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter, resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line GDS2022
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.
Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. All requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company.