Marketing Manager, Digital & Print
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
The Marketing Manager, Digital & Print assists the Director in preparation of the yearly plans including objectives, strategies, plan outline, executional activity timelines, and individual project cost reviews as applied to the overall budgets. Specific planning areas include digital and print communication, email marketing, social media, promotional activity and E-commerce.
The Manager requires strong verbal and written communication skills in the day to day management and liaison of staff. This position is responsible for assessing and reviewing all internal and external corporate communication as well as all communication directed to consumers across multi-media platforms. It requires a strong detail orientation to ensure all communication is composed and presented without error on a timely basis in line with approved critical paths.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for ensuring that all marketing team members receive support and guidance in the management of the daily cross-functional workflow within the department. Support will also be provided by ensuring required inter-departmental communication is forwarded to marketing on a timely basis to ensure projects are completed as planned.
- The Marketing Manager works closely with the Supervisor to ensure that all projects run smoothly, project information and details are accurate, and follow-up on inter-departmental communication flow related to projects is submitted according to plan.
- The position will also be responsible for overseeing and monitoring the weekly individual staff project status reports, and providing support where required to ensure project detail is complete and timelines are met.
- Assist the Director in the development of objectives and strategies for each media type, digital and print communication, social media, email marketing, promotional activity, and E-commerce.
- Interface with marketing staff to layout preliminary plans and develop project activity calendars for each type. Review the project requirements and establish budgetary guidelines by media/promotional activity.
- Interface with outside suppliers directly involved with yearly plan development to establish executional critical path parameters and budget requirements per project.
- Review the preliminary plans with the Director and jointly establish the executional parameters and budgets.
- Work with the Supervisor to review and assess all aspects of the current activity on the existing platforms, website, email marketing, Flipp, Instagram, Facebook, and identify ways of improving communication and performance.
- Work with the Supervisor to oversee the photography, graphic design and copy writing for all creative posted on digital media.
- Generate innovative ideas to increase web traffic and enhance social media communications.
- Develop activity calendars for each media platform which work in unison to build a stronger communication package overall.
- Develop promotional activity for the website supported by social media platform.
- Evaluate outside suppliers which can enhance our social media presence on the key consumer communication points identified in the Marketing plans.
- Assess ways of increasing the quality and quantity of our website traffic.
- Plan and monitor the ongoing company presence on social media (Instagram, Facebook).
- Prepare online newsletters and promotional email campaigns to subscriber base.
- Creative activity includes - newspapers, flyers, bag stuffers, promotional banners and signs, and in-store window & aisle signs.
- Evaluate existing creative and recommend new innovative ways to convey brand messages.
- Oversee the scheduling and execution of all programs including the distribution of flyers and the placement of newspaper ads.
- Provide Director with daily updates on any issues or opportunities which have come to light, and review any project content requiring input and or sign-off approval.
- Schedule weekly group meetings to review the status of all projects, and event calendars.
Push For Results
- Involve all marketing team members in the review and assessment of each media type before formulating objectives, strategies and executional parameters for each platform. Review details with Director before initiating the budget estimate and planning stage.
- Work with the Supervisor to oversee the photography, graphic design and copy writing for all printed advertising and promotional materials.
- Generate innovative ideas to increase web traffic.
- Suggest new optimization methods to improve customer experience.
- Provide creative ideas for content marketing for in-store and website activity.
- Assess existing corporate digital technology and identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Ensure smooth operation for all digital tools and applications (e.g. website, blogs social media and Flipp).
- In combination with the Supervisor, monitor project status and communication flow on a daily basis to ensure content is complete, accurate, error free, and executional timelines and sign off requirements are met.
- Ensure all the content accuracy on all communication platforms are aligned with approved copy and brand image standards.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- 5-8 years' experience working in a marketing department
- 5-8 years' experience with flyer program development and execution, in-store promotional activity, online marketing tools and web-based technologies
- 5-8 years' experience in creative content writing
- 5 years of management experience
- 5-8 years' experience working with digital media, including hand on experience SEO/SEM and CRM software and Google Analytics
- 5 years' experience working in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Strong analytical skills
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.