Established in 1982, Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with close to 300 stores and growing! The key to our success is progressive thinking, detailed/ methodical planning and flawless execution by passionate people across our organization. We strive to foster a balanced and flexible culture that benefits both our customers and employees.
- High Standards
- Exciting and Fun
- Customer Oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive compensation program and employer-paid benefits, we are conducting a 2-year test pilot on:
- Possibility of work-from-home arrangements, depending on the position
- A 32-hour flexible work week
- Casual dress code
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director, Real Estate this position is responsible for the negotiation, drafting, reviewing and finalization of offers to lease, direct to lease, amending agreements and/or other related legal documentation for new store locations, renewals and relocations for the Company. This individual will encompass strong negotiation skills and ensure the accurate and timely completion of all agreements to meet Company target store counts and ensure all renewals are completed in a timely manner. This will also require the ability to negotiate with various landlords and/or their respective solicitors across the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, source and secure new locations and work with existing landlords to complete renewals
- Accurate and timely drafting, review, negotiation and finalization of complex retail shopping center and condominium offers to lease, direct to lease agreements and/or other related legal documentation
- Coordinate the execution of all leases and related documents for both tenant and landlord in a timely manner
- Ensure that landlord and tenant obligations and agreements (as amended during the negotiation process) are accurately documented in the various legal documents entered into between the landlord and tenant
- Ensure that all legal documentation complies with company policies, checklists, procedures and strategies
- Organize and expedite the flow of work and manage a bring forward system
- Review and research lease agreements and other legal correspondence and provide written and/or verbal interpretations of the lease provisions together with written and/or verbal advice with respect to the practical application of the lease provisions
- Ability to draft a variety of legal clauses, as needed, for all legal documentation forms
- Track and monitor all lease expiry dates and ensure that the Director, Real Estate is notified of all pertinent notice dates and deadlines
- Assist with market information packages required for presentation for potential new locations and/or relocations
- Assist in the preparation of internal approval documentation for executive approvals (Lease Term Summaries) ensuring all details are accurately recorded
- Ensure the complete and accurate filing (hard copy and electronic copy) of all department documentation
- Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and projects as required
Education & Skills
- 3-5 years' experience in commercial leasing specializing in retail leasing
- 3-5 years' work experience with a "hands-on" approach to handle multiple projects and simultaneous deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of lease requirements across Canada and real estate law is required
- Strong and meticulous attention to detail in all aspects
- Strong integrity, ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information
- Experience in the retail sector, an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow through with all assignments from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Well-developed communication skills (written, spoken and presentations)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe, Terraview and SharePoint
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available in accordance with the AODA, if requested. Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, and all requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company.
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.