Department: Real Estate and Store Development
Employment Status: Full time
Store Merchandisers are responsible for new store builds, renovations, relocations and dismantle of all Bulk Barn Foods Limited retail locations across Canada. This is an entry level position that provides candidates with broad exposure to all areas of the business with potential for future individual growth opportunities. This position offers the opportunity to travel across the country building stores, while having transportation (flights, trains), hotels & daily meal allowance paid for on overnight builds. Store Merchandisers are required to work various shifts and due to the nature of the work, are subjected to tight deadlines. The position entails extensive out-of-town travel in 3 to 12-day increments depending on the project. When not travelling or working on store projects, the Store Merchandisers will be assigned to work various shifts in our Distribution Centre, located in Aurora, Ontario. Store Merchandisers enthusiastically support Bulk Barn Foods Limited's vision, values and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and unload fixtures, equipment, supplies and merchandise on and off of trucks
- Set-up of all store fixtures, including racking, millwork and gondola
- Merchandise the store with bulk and packaged product as per Company Planograms
- Maintain the cleanliness of the workplace at all times
- Picking of merchandise and supply orders when in the Distribution Centre
Knowledge, Competencies & Skills
- Ability to comfortably lift up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork
- A detail-oriented approach is essential
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to travel extensively for long periods
- Reliable transit to and from work (Valid driver's license is an asset)
- Ability to keep work environment clean
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please email your resume and cover letter by email with the subject line "Store Merchandiser" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.
Our corporate facilities require employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions will be made in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. All requests for exemptions will be validated by the Company.