Regional Director, Retail Operations Western Canada
Reports to: C.E.O.
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia based
Established in 1982, Bulk Barn is Canada's largest bulk food retailer with close to 300 stores and growing! The key to our success is progressive thinking, detailed/ methodical planning and flawless execution by passionate people across our organization. We strive to foster a balanced and flexible culture that benefits both our customers and employees.
- High Standards
- Exciting and Fun
- Customer Oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive compensation program and employer-paid benefits, we are conducting a 2-year test pilot on:
- Possibility of work-from-home arrangements, depending on the position
- A 32-hour flexible work week
- Casual dress code
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Regional Director, Retail Operations is responsible for the profitability and brand management of all retail corporate stores and brand management of franchise locations within their assigned region. The incumbent upholds the Company Mission and Values as they work collaboratively with their regional teams to meet all Company objectives through effective communication, people management, problem solving, analysis and team leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for consistently and effectively communicating the company mission, initiatives and objectives to their assigned Regional Corporate Retail Operations and Franchisee teams through organized and scheduled conference calls, one on one meetings and email communications.
- Ensures effective written and verbal communications on all national retail store operations programs, policies, and procedures.
- Communicates standards, performance trends and required action plans to ensure their regional teams objectives and requirements are clear and consistently communicated.
- Ensure that trends of underperformance are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Formally recognize strong performers within the assigned team.
- Manage assigned team towards acceptable performance standards.
- Ensure the team plan reflects high standards, bench and succession planning, coupled with consistent mentoring and people development.
- Manage, develop, train, hire and support all direct reports.
- Conduct needs analysis, as required, and work with operation team members to provide solutions to issues related to overall store performance inclusive of but not limited to: waste management, gross profit, customer satisfaction, turnover, SOP compliance, etc.
- Work with the head of Operations, Marketing, Merchandising and Supply Chain and Regional Managers to assess root cause for systemic problems arising and/or currently existing within the retail store operations division and brainstorm solutions that will resolve the problem and improve operational results in the short and long term.
- Collaborate with the Regional Human Resources Generalist and Operations Training team to ensure effective and timely staffing and training of corporate store team members.
- Work collaboratively with their regional teams to meet all Company objectives through effective communication, people management, problem solving, analysis and team leadership.
- Forecast and prepare annual budgets.
- Manage regional expenses to ensure compliance with the approved budget.
- Know our customer by interacting with the customer on the sales floor and observing shopping behaviors, and associate/customer experience.
- Understand retail store operational and HR policies and procedures and ensure alignment in all existing and newly created retail store operational programs as well as compliant execution at store level.
- Have a good understanding of our business, our competitors and how we can leverage our internal programs to ensure long term success.
- Log, analyze and report on store performance, shrink and gross profit analytics utilizing the information to improve upon decision making, particularly as it pertains to regional retail store operations.
- Set high expectations for all retail stores and hold self and team accountable to the measurable results associated.
- Provide guidance, training and support to ensure performance at store level meets Company standards, consistently across all stores on a daily basis.
- Lead your team in the development and execution of retail store operational programs and action plans that are directly tied into measurable results ensuring timely and consistent execution.
- Attain buy-in from the store operation teams to maximize utilization and compliance with existing and new retail store programs and operating policies and procedures.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- 8 - 10 years' experience working in a retail environment
- 8 - 10 years' experience managing a regional retail operations team
- 8 - 10 years' experience developing and managing regional team budgets
- 8 - 10 years' experience exercising flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Detail-oriented approach with demonstrated analytical proficiency including asking questions and digging for answers
- 8 years' experience with process mapping
- 8 - 10 years' experience working under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, time management and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 8 - 10 years' experience effectively managing KPI's
- 3-5 years' experience conducting SOP audit
- Regular travel, within assigned Region (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba) or as required by the business.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more as required by the business.
- Valid driver's license required
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume to us, along with a covering letter telling us why you would like to join our team. Please use the subject line RDWC and forward to: email@example.com
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodation is available in accordance with the AODA, if requested.
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.