Reports to: Director, Marketing
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Employment Status: Full time
This position is primarily responsible for the administration, co-ordination, and execution of approved marketing programs. It involves interacting with the Director of Marketing in the review of approved plans and documenting the executional details and schedules to ensure projects within the department are completed efficiently on a timely basis. It requires a high level of attention to detail in co-ordinating inter-departmental and external supplier communication flow which is key to successful program execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track, collect and oversee the inter-departmental (Marketing, Merchandising, French Translation, Legal, DC) requirements in the assembly, development and approval of the project; including POS Screens and Receipt Trailers.
- Cross-check and proof copy and image components against the approved documentation contributed by each department.
- Request and collect supplier quotes for review and approval, create PO's, critical path, and follow-up with suppliers regarding executional and delivery timelines.
- Co-ordinate the changeover as stores or markets switch from current to future programs (i.e. plastic to paper bags, uniforms, etc).
- Oversee flyer program projects from inception through to execution, inclusive of both print and digital executions.
- Create, maintain and effectively utilize work back schedules and communicate requirements to all impacted internal and external parties throughout project lifecycle.
- Responsible for inter-departmental information transfer between the Marketing Department, Store Operations and Store Development in regards to changes in location and or operating hours.
- Responsible for the planning and administrative support for Viral Nation seasonal campaigns.
- Responsible for the research of new advertising trends, receipt of quotes, PO assembly and details for ad creation.
- Maintain and update all information regarding the uniform program, including, monthly monitoring of inventory and additional inventory requirements to maintain optimal stock status. Status reports to be reviewed and additional inventory to be ordered, as required.
- Responsible for the preparation of weekly competitive analysis reports for submission to Director, Marketing for review.
- Communicate with outside suppliers involved in the printing and distribution of each program.
- Maintain daily communication flow within the Marketing Department on project status, progress and ensure adherence to project timelines in accordance with Company standards.
- Provide weekly departmental status reports to the Director, Marketing.
- Ensure ongoing communication with customers, vendors and stake holders during the course of the project to ensure ongoing alignment, transfer and collection of key information, and consistent project status awareness
- Work in partnership with vendors and internal partners to meet defined deadlines and standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively build and maintain positive departmental, inter-departmental and external supplier relations.
- Coordinate work-flow among all project members to ensure transfer of necessary information and project completion in a timely manner.
- Build cross-functional relationships within the department and with other department leads from project inception to completion.
- Day-to-day resolution of complex issues within the Marketing Department and escalate all unresolved issues to Director, Marketing, as required.
- Assess project risk and report issues to the Director, Marketing.
- Ensure project are in executed in accordance with project expenditures to ensure alignment with assigned budgets.
- Ensure timely creation and processing of P.O.'s and expenses in compliance with operating procedures.
- Work with the Director, Marketing and provide input into the annual department budget planning process, as required.
- Collect, review and supervise internal approvals of all ad proofs.
- Participate in vendor negotiation, sourcing and costing proposals, as requested.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in Marketing/Communications and/or related field
- 3-5 years' experience coordinating marketing projects, initiatives and advertising
- 3-5 years' experience working with print media for retailers (flyers, POS materials, etc.)
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals and its application to retail environments
- 3- 5 years' experience working with digital media
- 3-5 years' experience working in a fast paced deadline and standards driven environment
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
No telephone calls please.
No agency calls please.
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available, if requested.